Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to the basement last night and noticed a puddle of red beside the freezer. Opened the freezer lid and puddle of blood in the bottom about 1" deep. Luckily the fish still had ice in the bags but the deer meat was thawed out. I cooked as much of the meat and fish as I could, gave shakedown three bags of walleye and crappies but still had to throw away about 35 pounds of ground deer and about 10 pounds of fillets. Put all the thawed out meat in a refridgerator freezer so I can throw it away on garbage night. My question is what do I do with the old freezer? I think if I get a new freezer they will take the old one.

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
most places will take the old one but you have to make sure before you buy your new one. if not just set it out and put a free sign on it. some scraper will pick it up for the scrap metal.
sherman

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Most stores will take the old freezer away when they deliver the new one. I put our old one out by the road with a "free" sign on it & had someone stop & pick it up in less than one hour !! We found our freezer dead when we returned from 2 weeks in Wisconsin & it was one of the nastiest things I've had to deal with.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I feel for ya... a few months ago i accidently unplugged the freezer and didn't notice till over a week later. Lost around 120 lbs of various meats. I about cried LOL. Live and learn. The dogs ate real good for a month... cooked all the hamburger and mixed it with rice for them. This is my first Summer without a bunch of Hungarian sausage in years.
I cant answer your question, just letting you know you were not the only one. Looks like you got some good advice though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts