Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to edgewater this morning to settle a bet with walleyeslayer. It was about 9am when the coastguard blew past us. Didn't think much of it.5 minutes later they came by slower to pull into the ramp where ems was waiting. We could very clearly see a large naked body laying in the back of the boat. They docked and loaded the body on a gurney and ems performed chest comprestions for about 10 seconds and then covered the body. All i can say is CREEPY. Later on a buddy called me and said a young man had went up to the edgewater pier stripped off all his clothes and jumped of the pier and never resurfaced,this was at 830am. By the way the fishing was horrible.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Wow, talk about a damper on the morning. Wonder if it was suicide? Well I'm sorry for his family. How far did you guys go out of edgewater? I've been itchin to get out of east Cleveland for some trollin'. My buddy's old man fished a tourney for the electricians union on sunday out of wildwood and did WELL. hit me up, we gotta find time to get out there.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Wow, talk about a damper on the morning. Wonder if it was suicide? Well I'm sorry for his family. How far did you guys go out of edgewater? I've been itchin to get out of east Cleveland for some trollin'. My buddy's old man fished a tourney for the electricians union on sunday out of wildwood and did WELL. hit me up, we gotta find time to get out there.
ok....uhm..maybe this is considered "nit picking" or maybe i'm outta line..if so , I apologize in advance...BUT....the OP posted something about a guy drowning, and you respond with one sentence in relation to that but then go on to ask about a fishing program? I mean..c'mon dude, have some respect for the dead. Maybe you could ask that part in another thread or just PM the OP?

·
Registered
757 Posts
My God that must have been a super freaky feeling. Don't know if I would have been able to fish after seeing that. Wonder if it was an accident or suicide? Either way its horrible.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looked for it on the news this evening and nothing. Might be unimportant to them due to the wildfires and the caley anthony case. But will look for it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
ok....uhm..maybe this is considered "nit picking" or maybe i'm outta line..if so , I apologize in advance...BUT....the OP posted something about a guy drowning, and you respond with one sentence in relation to that but then go on to ask about a fishing program? I mean..c'mon dude, have some respect for the dead. Maybe you could ask that part in another thread or just PM the OP?
Really? I mean I aknowledged the man's death and my sympathies to his family. Death is a part of life and I don't disreguard the seriousness of death but it's not something that needs to be dwelled upon. I asked my buddy how his day on the water was and said we should go fishing soon. God is with his family, no need to drownd in sorrow.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Normally, EMS would not stop Chest Compressions until a Coroner or Doctor told them to stop. So that tells me that the guy had been dead for quite a while.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Right,my wife is a nurse practitioner and said that's protocol. They at least have to put a hand on them. If you don't see any rescue breathing then you know there's no chance.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I figure every post on OGF was meant to be a fishing report. He said sorry about the fellas family but chose to ask how the guy did at edgewater, Im sure russ didnt just go home after seeing the situation. Wow OGF, whats next? Maybe a dedicated Casey Anthony forum?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.