dead bass at acton

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by misterpeabody, Apr 25, 2008.

1. whoever shocks the lake, for the ODNR presumably, killed at least 15 bass Thursday, no wonder we couldn't catch any. anyone else see those fish? Here we are practicing catch and release...something had to go wrong for that to happen, at least I hope. anyone know anything 'bout that?

2. my buddy said he seen afew dead fish but that was a week or so ago.

3. After reading the post I talked to dnr guys from Xenia. They said they were there and they also saw some dead bass and that there was some kind of fungus stuff on the fins of some of the bass they caught. According to guy I talked to, they caught several hundred bass and threw them all back and they looked healthy for the most part. He also said that most of the bass were stuffed full of shad. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next couple weeks, if there will be more roll up.

4. Hi guys
    I'm willing to guess the one bass I saw floating next to my boat Thursday was a good four pounder, or close to it ... (sic!)

Rick.

5. I saw a dead monster yesterday..easily 5lbs+. Also saw two others I would guess around 3lbs. They were definately good sized bass. Also saw a couple of large dead shad.