DDay at Conneaut with picture

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Toxic, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I posted a thread yesterday about the reenactment. If you did not make it, put it on your calendar for next years event. It will be Aug 22, 2009. This was an awesome show. Everyone should go see it. And it was free to the public. Both sides had authentic to the era uniforms and weapons. There were aircraft, Navy vessels, mortars, machine guns who could ask for more. This are just a few of the pictures I took. Hope you all enjoy them as much as we did.

Attached Files:

2. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Nice Pix-Those don't look like higgons ;) :)

3. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

The US Navy Reserve from Buffalo NY brought the troops in with there Landing Crafts. That wasn't authentic, but the effect was something to see.

4. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Just Teasin but it does look really cool! Was it crowded?

5. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

There wasn't a lot of publicity (not sure why) but there was a good decent crowd there.

6. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

look at that sexxxxxy orange boat in the last pic- man does the coast guard look gooooooood out there like always. :p :p

Looks like a blast jess- im marking the calender for sure, i want to see the next one.

7. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

was the coastie there do do some shoreline scraffing wit da 50 on the bow?

8. Awesome pictures thanks for sharing

9. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

looks great, thanks for the photos(wish i could have went)

and that coastguard boat is probably adrift and waiting for the navy ship to toe it back to port.:p

10. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Thanks for posting. Pics are great. Never heard about it but I am marking it for next year for sure.

11. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I took that one for you George. I didn't want you to feel left out. You know, seeing real ships instead of rafts with big motors:eek: Just kidding buddy:p