close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Daytona Beach Hotels

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 2talltim, Jan 23, 2005.

1. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

Anyone know of any nice, inexspensive beach front hotels or resorts in daytona...planing the family vacation...goin to datona for 3 days , disney world for 3 days, and back to daytona for the pepsi 400 nascar race in july...never been there any input would be great...were going june 25-july 2

2. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

sounds like a good time we will be getting there as your leaving we will be at disney from july 6 to the 13th. can't give you much info on daytona hotels other than there is alot used to go there on the weekends when was stationed there.
    we are staying closer to disney in a house rental.

3. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

During the 29-2 we are staying at the movie allstar disney world resort....catchin the race sat night then heading home ...ill give you one quess what im lookin forward too...

4. If you can, try finding some condos to rent down there. Most of the hotels have private condos in the buildings that are nicer and when i was last down there it was much cheaper. If you're not too concerned about location, they get cheaper the farther away from the main strip. I stayed in ormond beach at the Ivanhoe resort one spring break and it was real cheap. Not "that" nice but nothing bad. If you're only down there for the race and not the beach it's much cheaper as well.

5. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

there is a econo lodge at ormond beach for $75 a night do you know if it is nice or not mojo?

6. never stayed there but i imagine its a lot like any other econo lodge. Ornmond beach is pretty far from the track too. We dropped a fortune on cabs when we were there tryng to get the main strip of bars and pool decks. The track is back on the other side of the river and traffic is really bad (keep in mind i was down there for spring break though, but i imagine a race week would be just as bad if not worse. ) so it makes a 10 mile drive take well over half an hour. South of daytona is daytona shores and that might be a little closer to the track as well. I'm not really familiar with the area off the beach west of the halifax river since we never really left the strip when i was there but there has to be a ton of hotels there as well catering to the race crowds. I bet their prices skyrocket during race weeks though. I would try using orbitz.com, priceline or expedia and see what you can get.

7. I have stayed at the holiday inn in daytona a few times. It is a little pricey but well worth it, at least 8 years ago. It was the nicest there and waling distance to every bar around. We could park the car when we arrived and leave it until we were leaving. Prabably 10-15 min from the race track.

Scott

8. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

we found house on the internet in community next to disney they rent out almost all the houses there. Large newer home screened in porch with pool and hot tub and all amenities in the house. i think it was 1500 for the week and sleeps 13 people. which is what we have.

9. We go to Daytona 3 times a year. I would highly recommend this hotel: Best Western Aku Tiki Inn. We have stayed in the better hotels like the Hilton and Adams Mark, but we love this place the best. It is on the main drag. It has on site parking. Free local calls. They have a koi pond inside that the guy will let your kids help him feed the koi every day at 11. An olympic size heated pool, with gated beach access which keeps non hotel people from coming to the pool and partying.We found that this time of the year there is mostly older folks that stay here, which is good if you have kids because you dont have to worry about people partying at the pool being obnoxious. They have a website, check it out, google for it.

You have to check out Aunt Catfishes on the River, it is the best restaraunt in town.
    There is a place to eat that is located directly on the beach where they used to race, it is called the North Turn I think, this place is neat too, they have lots of Nascar stuff like an autographed Dale Earnhardt team jacket and tons of photos.

Dont want to bog you down or seem like a knowitall, this is just something we do every year as a family. If you want to know anything else please ask, I have a ton of info that I would be more then happy to help with.

10. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

hey thats great olwhitee keep the info comin...i can use all i can get...i think i will check it all out....i want to have a good time while pinchin a few pennies while im at it thank for the info

11. While you are there, if you wanne do some fishing, go to either the main street pier or the sun glo pier,they rent poles and sell bait, you can get all you need for 10 -12 bucks. It is fun to see what you can pull out of the ocean.