Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lovin' the Outdoors
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Qualified tonight for the metro parks controlled hunt. Talk about intimidating! Haha. Had to put 4 of 5 arrows in a notebook size sheet of paper at 20 yards. Sounds easy but the nerves were crazy. Must be how people feel throwing out the first pitch at ballgames, normally easy but kinda tough when not used to doing with lots of people watching. Now I just hope to get chosen for the hunts.

·
Registered
361 Posts
What month and park you pick makes a big difference. but for the most part you will get what you want.I've been hunting the Metro Parks for 5yrs.now.I've been hunting Taylorsville all 5 yrs. in Nov. It's one of the hardest places to get picked at for Nov.If you pick Dec.or Jan. it is easy to get want place you want.Everyone wants Oct.and Nov.Just shot the first doe you see big or small so you can get your buck tag.

·
Lovin' the Outdoors
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got carriage hill December. Later than I wanted obviously but have 2 weeks off work so it ought to be fun.

·
Registered
361 Posts
carriage hill is tough.Very limted trees to put a stand.If you can get a tripod that will up your chances.There are a lot of big bucks there.Good luck to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts