close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dayton GMR boat ramps

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Carpn, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Was wonderin the gate was open at the west carrollton ramp. Haven't had a chance to check...The one on east river was closed yesteerday but I didn't look today.

thanks

2. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

Still closed today :( Fisherman5567 and myself were by there today

3. Last I checked it was still closed. Somebody told me the ranger that opens it was on vacation. I am heading there in the morning and I will give you a report.

4. if we get the slightest amount of rain or rise due to the snow melt they close that upper ramp on E-River Rd. the one by the dam is blocked off during winter now so the upper ramp is the only option. if they do have them open be carefull, the ends of both ramps are washed out and have a 2-3ft drop. destroyed my trailer last fall at the upper ramp.

5. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Its like if they see a stick float by they close the ramp " for our protection".Maybe I don't need their protection....I see the rowing club out there all the time while the river is up...Maybe they should limit them too.
    I hear you on the washouts. I've got aa dual axle trailer and I don't hafat back my flatbottom in too far to launch. I usually don't launch at the river road ramp though cause I'm normally out ther after dark. I don't like leaving my stuff at the river road ramp after dark.

6. Went to the West Carrolton dam this morning and the gate is close, the road to the dam is all iced over and there is still a good layer of ice down on the dam and the ramp into the water so it was impossible to get to. Went out to Miamisburg which was more manageable but we were :S

7. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

They rowing club has their own personal ramp that extends out into the river... easily accessible from the bike path

8. i was out there today at west carrollton just walking around. lots of people fishing. also lots of mud. river wasn't really that high. gates were still closed