close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Day or Night?

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by Reel Lady, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

I was just wondering if there are ever any decent sized catfish caught during the day? So far, we have only catfished at night. I was wondering what other peoples experiences were with daytime catfishing. Is it a waste of time? Better during certain seasons?
    Just curious.. and thanks ahead for your responses :)
    Marcia

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have caught my biggest cats in the daytime, during spring and fall..Summertime is very slow for daytime fishing..The fish below was caught at 2pm

[​IMG]

3. Baitkiller

Baitkiller Baitkiller

flathunter

When you say daytime in the spring or fall......when do you think they will be bitting during the daytime again?

I lovs the Flats and am kinda new to them.

Thanks
    <><Baitkiller><>

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Water temps must hit the mid 60's before I have much daytime luck..Possibly last week of september..It should peak in October..The above fish was caught oct-12th...This year I have not caught anything to speak of, day or night!

5. I caught my personal best a few weeks back during the daytime at our pond. I hear that channel cats bite just about anytime.

6. i have landed 40 and 50 pound cats during the day mostly th e heat in the summer keeps me off the water more than the lack of hits and fish cought