close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Daughters' first real fish

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lou, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Lou

Lou

[​IMG]

I think its a northern but I've heard about how young musky and northern look almost the same. It was 18" long and man you should have seen her face as she was reeling it in. I saw it come out from behind a boulder and just stare at the worm. I told my daughter to reel up the slack and when she tightlined it gave the bait a little jerk and the gills flared as the fish attacked. I enjoyed watching it.

2. Congratulations to your daughter on her great catch! That is great picture!

I am not sure which species it is from the picture. It appears to have vertical bars which would suggest a musky. I don't know whether you want to tell where you caught it or not because of giving up your fishing hole. But knowing the body of water may lead someone to knowing which it is. It looks like you are fishing in a river?

3. Lou

Lou

4. That sure looks like a musky to me, but from the smile on her face, I doubt she cares. :D

5. Where is the picture at?

6. Lou

Lou

[​IMG]

This is the best I can do.

7. The marking still make me lean toward musky. I will go with Mike's opinion.

8. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

Looks like a musky to me too by the markings. The tail has the reddish tint that muskies have. Looks like all you musky fishman need to take some tips from this little girl. Forget those expensive foot long plugs. Worms are the go to bait now! lol