Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Daughter tangles with a big 'un!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by esoxhunter, Jun 23, 2004.

1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

Took my 5 year old daughter to my local pond this evening just to get out of the house for a bit. I was trying to just hook something to let her reel a bass in. After about 20 minutes of flingin a Senko, I got a strike. I set the hook and thought I had about a 12 incher on. I quickly gave the rod to my little one and she commenced with the crankin. After a couple seconds, I saw her struggle to hold on to the rod and the drag started singing. She battled a few more seconds then gave me the rod to finish the job. Turned out she was fighting an 18 incher that went about 3lbs or so. It was pretty funny. She had that St Croix butt buried in her stomach and looked like she was fighting a marlin. As soon as we got home she was yelling at her little friends saying "I caught a hawg-fish" :D Seeing a child's eyes bug out of their head when a good fish pulls back is as about as rewarding as fishing gets.
  2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

That's awesome EH. She'll remember that forever.

3. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

Great job on THE HAWG!
  4. I don't have any kids yet but I got a neice whos 2 and I can't wait to get her out when she gets older. My sister and mom are making her a girly girl and it'll be up to me to get her out and dirty. Love to see the youngin's catch em. Puts a smile on your face everytime.
  5. Tilesetter

Tilesetter GET THE NET

I try and take my boy fishing every chance I get.

6. Sounds like she had a great time. Love to hear kids getting envolved in fishing. My dad always took me, from the day I could hold a rod in my hand and probably that before even. Spent many of days at hoover crappie fishing out of his old wooden boat. Those were the days. Still cant get enough of it to this day. congrats on the nice bass!

7. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

takein my 4 yr old daughter out friday afternoon hope she gets something she is real excited about catchin a fish