close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Date of First SAFE Ice

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Big Daddy, Nov 13, 2004.

1. OK, any predictions for this season? Will it be December?

My prediction for my first trip out on the ice is December 29. Just have a feeling....

2. Sunday, January 2nd...with some luck!

3. Carl,

Are you talking about ponds or lakes or doesn't it matter? I figure that we'll be pond fishing by January 4th and Mogadore by the 11th.

Wes

4. It's anywhere, Wes.

I'm hoping Mogadore on Dec 29!!!

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Better be cold if it's going to hold you Carl. If you make it, I'll follow ;)

6. 3 - 1/2 inches of crystal clear ice. 20 th of dec. 0733 est. yeah I know usually earliest is somewhere betwixt xmas and new year. but i read somewhere that we are on the virge of a new ice age. mastadons will roam once again. old oil rig derricks will be sold for ice augers , we will be finally able to take ALL our equipment with us because instead of sleds we will able to park semis on the ice. Dave Genz will be elected president for life as only he will be able to teach the masses how to survive. if you need a lawn ornament leave the cat or dog out over 15 minutes when they answer the call of nature. gas prices will fall to 25 cents a gallon but purina husky chow will run 99.99 9/10 th per 5 lb sack . SUVs will be replaced by dog sleds with a fiberglass cap. Sniff yawn snaaaak ok i am awake now.

7. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Im praying to the ice gods to be out on a "shallow" bay of mogadore by Christmas, just like last year!!
    ;)

8. Papaperch was the closest this year with the prediction of 12/20.

I'll be out Sunday for sure, so I missed mine by 2 days..LOL

9. Went out Wed. and today. Going again on Sunday.