close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Darby Wading Partner

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BassBlaster, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Is there anyone out there that wades Darby and could use a partner. I spent a litte time wading a few weeks ago and had a great time but with minimal results. I'd like to tag along with someone that knows the creek a little better and knows where some smallies may be hiding!!

2. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Sorry have not gotten with ya on it since you asked. We will get together some time and wade, Me my dad and Micro and you. Allot of people should make some fun fishing lol.

3. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

4 people wading the darby.... I'd like to see that and not have any un-happy campers. Such a small creek/shallow creek to have 4 people walking it in the same way.

4. I have heard from a lot of my coworkers that at darby there is such an abundant food source that you dont catch as many fish, however when you do land one its pretty large. If you dont care about size and just want to bring in some fish I suggest wading in grigs, south of the dam. The parking spot that I go to is the frisby golf course on riverside drive and than just keep walking south. Stop about 50 yards shy of a bridge that looks kind of rusty, its for trains. My friend says it drops off pretty quick around there. But you will catch lots of fish there a ton of rock bass an smallies. Every now and than you land a large smallie but typically they are under a foot even.

5. JamesT

JamesT Banned

Dude - that spot gets hit hard enough as it is. Hopefully all the lurkers will show up soon :confused: ...Nothing like the internet and posting specific areas on public forums.:mad: .Someday, someday that area will hold good smallies again!

6. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

Bassblaster: anytime your looking to go give me a shout, I'm only about 5 min from the big darby @ praire oaks south. more than 2 people trying to fish can be a little crowded, there was three of us last week @ big darby and there was not enough room with the creek being so low.

7. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

I fished that spot with very little luck. Only fished it once, and it was late in the year. I see what your saying about to many people, I normally go with 2-3 and no problem. But because of how low the water is 4 might be tough.

8. Thanks for the offers guys, I'll definately be in touch with ya. I'm ready to learn that creek.

I have no interest in wading Griggs. I have several places to go where I can catch small fish all day long and I don't have to deal with trash, smelly water or weirdos. Just wanting to learn Darby, I know there's some quality smallies swimmin in there somwhere!!

9. DarbyMan

DarbyMan Seize the day

I live right on Darby and wade frequently. You can hitch with me as well.

10. Great, we'll do it sometime. You can never have too many fishin buddies!!!

11. wow... I guess I didnt know the rules and trying to offer help. Sorry, wont happen again. Im new to this.

12. I'm with JamesT. Leave specifics out of it. On another wading note, I'd say pick a stretch or two or three and get to know it real well. Don't lean on someone to show you where to go. You have to pay your dues. The fish are there where ever you go. It's up to you to figure out what is working and then get them to bite.

13. Well I don't expect people to take me to thier honey holes. I'd just like a little help learning how to fish the creek and maybe make a new fishin buddy or two.

As far as the people who post specifics to thier favorite spots, I say more power to em. I wish everyone would stop jumpin down thier throats. The more people they suck into thier spot, the less they are out looking for mine.:D

14. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

yea bubba, even with just us three we still get a little mad every now and then..............