Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
deleted
3,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
USMC, I was using my no-longer unique mode of locomotion a lot if that tells you anything. I converted Leckig to the technique too.

·
Mad SOT YAKER!
1,999 Posts
Nice, caught something like that years ago in big walnut by morse road, several in fact always that same pool, thought they were grass pike, but since they aren't common not sure how to tell them apart from pike and musky. The spots are hitting like mad there, must have caught two dozen thursday including a dozen smallmouth, biggest twin 18's.

I'm not using that technique, never had to drag once....

Sent from my htc thunderbolt from my kayak :)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I'd say it's a Red Fin Pickerel. Could be wrong. Nice fish though

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

·
Urban Angler
425 Posts
looks like a pickerel to me. it's amazing to me what you pull out in the darby. it's kinda like saltwater fishing...who knows what's going to be on the end of your line!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Looks like a "grass pike" to me .... pickerel. Used to catch them out of the Darby & Millcreek up to 15 or 16 inches ,but that was when Nixon was prez !!! Haven't seen any over 10" or so in several years. Neat fish & nice catch !!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Correct, grass pickeral. The tear drop behind the eye is one dead give away. A Red Fin Pickeral would have reddish/orange fins.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Grass pickerel, we caught them often in the Darby out near Orient, but that was 35 years ago. Good to see that they are still around. Hail Trautman

1 - 16 of 16 Posts