close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

darby monday with pb smallie

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by shwookie, Jul 30, 2007.

1. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

I had to hit the darby after stuckathome decided to deface my creek by fishing it.

Luckily, he left me a few fish, I caught my first good sized lm out of the darby, well good for the darby anyways, and caught my first real football.
    He was short of my longest by about 1/2", but he had some real girth to him.

I caught him and the lm on the same lure, a topwater lure I found in a tree at griggs on friday. I have no idea what it is, but it works very well. I'm new to smallies in general, and top water to boot, but after a few misses I was able to start landing them.
    What a rush.

Anyways, on to the pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really wish there was a better way to take pics when by yourself, but the cell phone in one hand and fish in the other will have to do untill my third arm fully develops.

2. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Nice fish, both of them. I habe gottne a few Lm out of the Darb but none that big.

Top water is a blast.
    What does the top water lure look like, i might know what it is.

3. shwookie

It looks like a rapala popper, but is textured. Nothing special, I probably could take it to dick and match it up, but I love the fact I found it in a tree and its probably one of top go to baits suddenly.

I'll go to bps and see if I can find a pic of it.

4. shwookie

no, no.
    Its a matzuo of some kind.

5. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

alright. Have not tried those, i have XPS pop'r's and they worl well, but sometimes suspend just under the surface. Kinda odd.
    Congrats on the PB again.

6. shwookie

Thanks, but that picture doesn't due him justice. When you hold them vertically, they stretch out and look lean.
    I just don't like to keep them out of the water anymore than needed. Pictures be damned.
    I caught him, he swam away hungry. He knows it.

I can't find a pic of that lure anywhere either.

7. Nice fish..and to catch them off a lure you found in a tree makes it even better.

8. shwookie

9. Very nice smallie, Congrats. I know what you mean about trying to take pic by yourself. I've been holding the camera out in front and holding the fish at head to chest level. You can center the pic pretty decent this way and it also gives a reference for length by having fish hanging next to head/chest.

10. Shwookie, Nice smallies! They fight to the end. I love to catch them!

11. Congrats on your PB smallie! Very nice fish. Topwater is the most fun. I love to watch a fish take topwater lures. Plugging along then "BAM"

12. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Nice fish, I told those darn "babies" not to hit your lures after I caught them all Sunday, I can believe the dumb LM didn't listen, but Sm, you broke my heart!

Mike

PS- Nice fish, how do we know you caught it? J/k

13. shwookie

The sausage like fingers holding them are a dead giveaway its me.......