Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be heading out tomorrow morning or I guess today some time around 9 AM. It will be my GF and I, weather permitting. If anyone is bored and wants in shoot me a PM.

I plan on going from Darby Lakes down to the W. Broad bridge. Will post a report tomorrow post float on how it went.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well put in at the Prairie Oaks Upper Canoe access point, and got out at the bridge on 40. This was my first trip down thhis area and over all I wasnt to impressed.

Caught and released 8 fish total, largest being 13.5 inch SM. All fish were caught on a a crank bait of some type. The stretch is alitlte longer, than I really wanted, and it seemed the majority of the prime fishing stretches were in the last 1 ish miles, which at that point im just paddleing out. The majority of the trip was long pools of very very slow water less that a foot deep .

Most of the water breaks were very very shallow and had to walk down them or work pretty hard to get through them, which at that point the fishing below the water break was messed up.

All and all a great day to be on the water, just wish the fishing was alittle better. From everyone I talked to on the river today, no one was having any luck, so maybe it was the heat or something, but there are other stretches of the darby I would like to fish than this stretch again.

Anyone else float today have any luck?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts