close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Darby 6/24

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by streamstalker, Jun 24, 2007.

1. streamstalker

streamstalker deleted

Floated the Darby today with my brother and the big smallies were out in force.
    Didn't do any measuring, but my guesswork is usually pretty accurate. We caught a couple around 18 inches and also lost a couple after a long fight that probably were about that too. Also caught about 4 or 5 in the 15-16 inch range along with the rock bass a crappie and some yellowish and toothy critter that looked something like a walleye (Just checked a picture and it was a saugeye). After that we just had an assortment of 14 inchers on down to dinks. Everything in the 14+ category were pigs that fought like you would not believe. The smaller ones were feisty too.

Overall, it might have been my best stream smallie day ever. I needed it as this has not been the best year for me and I figure I was due. Everything was C&R, but I did float by as some guy was stringing up what looked to be like another 18 incher.

2. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

sounds like a great day. did alot better than me.

3. Very nice day. Sunday was definately a better day for me in terms of size for smallies. It's nice to have those days every once in a while to keep the excitement going!

4. ReadHeaded Hunter

ReadHeaded Hunter Catchin eyes

my friend and i went out yesterday. we caught about 10 rockys and 1 sm in about 2 hrs. didn't slaughter em but had a great time:D