Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darby 10/1/13

5K views 75 replies 21 participants last post by  ShakeDown 
#1 ·
Hit the Darby for a few hours walk this morning. Love this time of year when the leaves start falling! Was throwing a Zara Spook Pup and weaving it through the leaves. These guys were blowing it up coming up outta the water to get it. No better feeling! Like some have said, we need some water in the worst way in the creeks, holes I fished 2 months ago are now gone and just gravel bars are there.
Here are 4 or the 6 that wanted to play today. 2 right at 15" 1 at 14" and a 12"
Fish Bass Carp Fishing Watercourse

Fish Bass Fishing Watercourse Northern largemouth bass

Fishing rod Fish Trout

Fish Bass Fish Fishing Northern largemouth bass

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
it's not a big secret that the Darby is good smallmouth fishing... if you go to google and type in central ohio river small mouth fishing guess what river comes up? everyone has access to this information. no big deal...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

...its a HUGE deal to Bubba......His "Top Secret" fishin hole....

#9 ·
it's not a big secret that the Darby is good smallmouth fishing... if you go to google and type in central ohio river small mouth fishing guess what river comes up? everyone has access to this information. no big deal...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Ever wonder how google gets that information?

Now you can google "rhymes with marby to the list"

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

#10 ·
#11 ·
Funny the way your attitude changes from day to day...

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/community/showthread.php?t=241266
Have you been where he was? That place is already a shathole. It's the very definition of what I'm talking about.
You can't walk 10 yards without getting caught in some old line, stepping on beer cans and styrofoam containers, being accosted by weirdos....comes with at leasta couple good break ins a month.
I also don't get worked up when someone starts crowing about (insert spillway) or (insert below dam area)...as these have all turned into cesspools and crime targets, too.

I guess if you can't argue the point, attack the messenger, right?

Sooooo, let's see another picture of you crammed into a rowboat, holding up some of those 6 inch Fletcher's giants. Kind of reminds me of those twins on the mopeds in the Guiness book....

#12 ·
Ever wonder how google gets that information?

Now you can google "rhymes with marby to the list"
True that! I just did a couple searches for fishing central Ohio, and after the DNR, what do you think is the next source listed? This forum.
Which are you going to be drawn to, a list of lakes from the state, or the public forum where the guys are naming their locations with pics of fish caught?

#14 ·
Maybe I have my trolls confused. I thought you were that fat, Littleguy or something like that. Either way, both of our reputations proceed us.
Mine is a guy who consistently lobbies to protect our resources.
And yours is a chat room troll.

I'll keep doing what I do, and you keep doing what you do. All will be right in the cyber world.

BTW, did you ever shoot more than one squirrel? I hope so. 3 trips and 1 squirrel.... I'm not good at math, but I think that comes out to....really crappy. I thought you were a big gun guy? Collecting and reloading and stuff.
I get it though. I have a flyrod that I don't know how to use either

#15 ·
Maybe I have my trolls confused. I thought you were that fat, Littleguy or something like that. Either way, both of our reputations proceed us.
Mine is a guy who consistently lobbies to protect our resources.
And yours is a chat room troll.

I'll keep doing what I do, and you keep doing what you do. All will be right in the cyber world.

BTW, did you ever shoot more than one squirrel? I hope so. 3 trips and 1 squirrel.... I'm not good at math, but I think that comes out to....really crappy. I thought you were a big gun guy? Collecting and reloading and stuff.
I get it though. I have a flyrod that I don't know how to use either
meds..take some

#20 ·
Naw, just noticed you can't do basic addition. Ritalin might help
So you got me thinking, so I got out a calculator AND I doubled checked on the internet (so you know it's true:D ). Here's my math:

(5) new Mosin rifles + thousands of dollars in custom reloads + 16 hours cleaning rifles + 3 trips in the woods + 1 total squirrel in late October = REALLY CRAPPY.
Seriously, I'm not being mean, it's just a mathematical fact.

Shoot man, my kid has a better record than that with his single shot .22. Heck, I shoot more than one squirrel every three trips with my bow while deer hunting. We average more than that when we float streams for ducks. And we're HACKS when it comes to squirrel hunting. We don't count down 8 weeks to the opening of squirrel season like an enthusiastic would do. We just deer hunt. But a darn squirrel runs in front of you every 10 minutes, so it's kind of hard NOT to shoot them.

I helped with your math. If you'd like help squirrel hunting, I can ask my son.

#22 ·
OMFG - My "marby" post was meant to be a joke, and besides, it stipulated that I was SKUNKED, not that I landed 20 smallies in an hour. Bubba, the confluence is one of my favorite holes...:)
Your first post that you deleted was WAY more fun!!
"Marby".... Slooooowly I turn....
I can't stop giggling. He's just kicking your shins, bro. However, Marby will forever be your new name as far as I'm concerned.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.