close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dan patrick to leave espn and nextel cup will be the sprint cup in 2008

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by iam20fan, Jul 9, 2007.

1. dan patrick is leaving espn. he feels he cant do anymore there. and nextel cup will be the sprint cup in 2008

2. I was somewhat surprised with Dan Patrick's decision to leave. It seems that he had a great thing there and he was a cornerstone of ESPN. I like the guy and kind of hate to see him go.

As far as the Nextel Cup issue well I have no clue how the two are related.:confused: I am not a racing fan so I have no more comment than that.:p

3. There is speculation that he may return to CNN and bolster their sports coverage.

BTW-Is Nascar a "sport"?:p :confused: :D

Tim

4. I tried not to go there.:D:D At least you knew it was Nascar (I am only assuming from your post.) I barely knew it was even auto racing.:p

5. B,

I knew NASCAR exists because ESPN covers the crap out of it now that they broadcast the events. Note I said "events"...or is it contests? ;-) I rank it somewhere between PBA and WWF.:D

Tim

6. Speaking of awful sports events coverage (which I think you were:p) I suffered through one of the worst ever for me yesterday. We went to Cedar Point and in the afternoon went to the sports bar restaurant in there to eat. I walked in and scanned all of the TV's and noticed that one of them was tuned to sumo wrestling.:eek: So we get seated in front of the large projection screen for our meal and guess what is on that screen? Yep, 500+ pounds of flesh and skin in diapers playing roly poly.:eek: And my chair is facing directly at the screen. I had to wear my hat with the brim pulled down so as to not get any damage from the peripheral view.:p I just thought I would share that with you so that you were aware that there are worse events to cover than racing.:D:D:p

7. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Gee, Brian, that must have been some visual...especially during a meal. :eek:

8. Without the hat I probably would have had to pass on the meal.:D

9. B,

You can't let something like that ruin a good meal! Way to overcome a bad situation.;)

Tim