close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Damsel and dragon fly nymphs pattern

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Flyfish Dog, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Here are the patterns that I regularly use for bass and gill fishing. The Blue Damsel adult pattern is great. I use a touch ang go cast with this and not let it sit for more than 15 seconds. What I meant by this is the strike are so visicous upon hittting water and sometime I give a little twitch then I recast to another location.
    Blue Adult Nymph
    [​IMG]

Damsel swimming nypmh
    [​IMG]

Dragon fly nypmhs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

looks good to me! they will tear some fish up

3. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

The blue damsel is available at the Backpackers. That where i got the first one and they have all material for it.

4. Those are great looking flies, I bet those are killer on ponds.

5. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

do you just tie those tails in? flyfish? I never been to backpackers. they carry tying material? any other places around here other than gander? I am looking for a place to buy

6. I dont tie but i go to backpackers alot and they got alot of fly tying stuff,might be little more pricey. Erie outfitters used to have fly tying stuff at there other store,not sure if they do at there new one.

7. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

Erie Outfitters doesn't carry any more fly tying stuff now as he phased it all out for centerpinning stuff. Backpackers prices are the same as Cabelas. I will spend my dollar on the smaller store/local stores before I spend at the big box stores IMO. Backpackers has the best selection of shoes and etc. Yea it all no matter wheree go but you are actually paying for adurasble and good product I think.Their Fly Fishing stuff don't cost anymore than anyone else except their hooks though as it only thing I can think where I paid a bit to much but at least they had it.

8. that swimming damsel looks like a killer carp fly, nice ties

9. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Nice job on the flies !