Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
bassing around
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have only fished there two times and was wanting to know if there are walleyes in this lake,and if not will try for some of the big bass i hear abought and any tips on what is a good bait and abought were wouild be a good place to start deep shallow points or the wood not looking for your hot spots just some info to try latter today,and we could share info,i have lots to offer,thanks markfish

·
Freshwater Ecologist
47 Posts
Watch out for all the shallow shoals there if taking a boat. It is nerve racking there this time of year when the water is this low. :(
The bridge off the boat launch is a good area. Never had any luck anywhere else. Never heard of any stray walleye in that lake.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
they stocked eyes there WAY BACK, I know of a 6#eye coming out of the spillway about 6yrs back, but have not heard of any eyes since. guy used to get couple off the reeder rd area.

·
Ohio Bassman
499 Posts
Guys still get the occasional eye out there. I saw a guy lose one at the boat under the bridge last year. All my luck there in the fall has been really shallow on 1/2 oz and up spinnerbaits.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Trolling shadraps last year and caught a 25 incher. Don't know if it was a fluke and haven't had a chance to try it again.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
People pick up a walleye now and then. Usually good sized and few and far between.

·
bassing around
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help now i know there are a few in there but nothing to get to uped abought so i will just stick to bassing there and hit berlin for the eyes,just as soon as i can i need to fill the freezer fast,come on sonar lets go,markfish

·
Equal opportunity fishing
4,287 Posts
Well Mark, you know as well as me, Berlin is the place to be for the eyes. Ive heard of less than a half dozen coming out of Walborn over the last 6-8 years and been doing that good every day at Berlin for the past 7 days!! And you know Sonar is ready and waiting....especially after the pics I just sent him a lil bit ago.......:D (He may be getting his gear together as we speak! ha ha)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts