close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dale Jr wreck?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Procraftboats21, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

does anyone know anything about it? I just caught the very end of the story on the news

2. Found this at www.nascar.com

Earnhardt Jr. burned in Grand Am practice crash
    By Marty Smith, Turner Sports Interactive July 18, 2004
    5:22 PM EDT (2122 GMT)

3. "J"

"J"

Man that Guy got lucky, it could of been fatal those flames had him engulfed. Wonder if this will slow him down?

4. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

J,

The flames did have him engulfed. I saw the video last night on TV. Un freaking real. According to the report this morning, it sounds like he will be in the hospital for 3 days. But, that's a news report, so who knows. I'd be willing to bet money though....if Jr. can't race on Sunday, DEI will call Truex Jr. up to fill his shoes ;)

5. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

That would be my guess.

6. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

SACRAMENTO (AP) -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. was released from the hospital Monday, one day after being burned on the face and legs following a crash during a warmup for an American Le Mans Series race.

The NASCAR star, son of the late Dale Earnhardt, was flown to the University of California-Davis Medical Center on Sunday after the car he was driving crashed and turned into a fireball at the Infineon Raceway in Sonoma.

Earnhardt was treated for second-degree burns on the insides of both legs and on his chin, according to a statement from the hospital. The burns covered about 6 percent of his body.

7. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Hopefully he'll be well enough to race this weekend. Man......that had to be scary.

8. Hopefully he will wear ALL of his safety wear from now on. I think even his crew chief said that he had left off some of it. Nomex underwear is a wonderful thing when needed.

9. rockbass

rockbass Banned

The report that said he quickly exited the car was wrong in my opinion. The footage I saw seemed as though he was not all with it when it ignited. Then when he did make it out, he had a heck of a time getting away from the car. Damn shame he did not get to race. the announcers said there was dirt that blew on the track combined with the cold tires is what caused him to slip. Not really a whole lot he could have done.

10. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

I heard on the radio this morning he'll be back in the car this weekend @ Loudon.

-Jeff