close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dale Hollow

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by jaredj, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Going the week around sept 25 - 30th. Can anyone give me any pointers? Looking for small and large mouth. Thanks

2. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

dont look at me, i can't get arrested on that lake. :D

3. hi down by the dam the only place i have ever fished.black and blue hair jigs
    seam to work best.luar jenson red craw crank bait also works.if the water is to warm fish at night,with black light.i've caught smallies in 32 ft. water with jig at night in august.i think my son marshall told me he knew you.we fished
    there together in august. can't help you much,but hope it helps.
    baby bass :) :) :)

4. Fished the 'Hollow' for a week in the middle of August so the pattern may have changed by now. Mostly a family ski and R&R week but I managed to get out for a few hours in the mornings. I was trolling for trout over the channel at about 40 fow using jet divers with spoons. Seems the smallies and trout were sharing schools of bait fish at the same depth. Did OK with the trout but wound up catching more smallmouths than trout. Nice size with 2 of the smallies approaching the upper slot limit (all released).

What really surprised me was that the pole that saw 80% of the action was pulling a bright, shiny, chrome color jet diver. I was thinking the chrome jet diver may frighten the fish in the Hollow's clear water but maybe it was acting like an attractor. Appreciate anyone's thoughts.

5. September is not a great bass time at Dale. :( You might pick up some fish on topwaters first thing in morning, but bass fishing should be done at night. Fish are pretty deep, I throw magnum tubes or big spinnerbaits. You might get more info from www.fishin.com

6. Thanks for the tips all. Its a beautiful lake. Clear and BIG. Fishing was slow, The smallies were deep. I did boat a 4 lb smallie. It was about 35 to 40 ft deep along ledge in open water on the main lake. The bottom of the ledge was 105ft. I will definatly have to go back in spring or late fall.

7. jaredj sounds like you were at the dam.did you fish at night.my son and i fished it at night a few years ago,took a nice 5+lb smallie with black& blue hair jig.we caught quite a few smallies but the 5+ smallie was the best.i sure love that lake. baby bass :) :) :)