Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just got back from dale hollow. Early in the week had a little luck with live bait shinners. Then on Thursday started with a blue pearl fluke, not much luck. That night tied on a smoke black fluke fishing in 30 feet of water and here they came cought over 40 smallmouth on friday all on black fluke, over halve were over the 21 large inch limit i also got 2 wall hangers 6.7lbs and
6.2 lbs what a great fishing trip!!!
If you are going down there i caught and released all but 7 fish in horse creek all the way in the back of the hollow

·
2001 Ranger 520DVX & 1975 Hydro Sport Bassboat
56 Posts
Thanks for the report Smallmouthman.
I will be taking the family down next Wednesday and we always stay at Horse Creek. I hope they are still biting like that when we get there.
Also any other info would be great for Bass or Crappie I would like to get the kids on some crappie while there.

·
"KATIE" (JUNIOR MEMBER)
68 Posts
Got your personal message. It's hard to believe considering we were 30 miles apart that we were throughing the exact same bait. Flukes were the hot ticket down by Eastport also. Believe it or not they worked so well that even my mom caught fish on them. We used the color that you descibed but after we ran out of them we found that white flukes worked very well. Was that your first time to ever visit Dale Hollow? We've been boating all my life and dad since the mid 70's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts