Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get to go on a Striper guide tomorrow morning on Cumberland and I am pretty excited. Did one about 10 years ago when I was 10 and loved it.

I was a fisherman born into a water skiing family and wont have a boat for Dale hollow...but I get dropped off on shore for a while and fish have done it for years with good success. I'll let you guys know how I do. Both lakes are a must go to if you guys have never been before.

Has anyone been striper fishing on Cumberland lately? I had family go down there two weeks ago and catch some just wondering if anyone knew how they were hittin.

·
Registered
175 Posts
From the Louisville Courier-Journal newspaper:

Fishing Report for Lake Cumberland
Last Updated at: 3:47pm on Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lake level: 681.6
Lake Surface temperature: 81 degrees F.

Striper fishing has been good in the lake as they are schooled up near the mouths of major creeks and suspended in main lake-try fishing alewives or gizzard shad 25-35 ft deep on down rods or planer boards. The stripers are averaging 12-15 pounds with some over 20. Walleye can be caught on the main lake near mouths of creeks-try fishing 20-25 ft deep using bottom bouncers with nightcrawler rigs or trolling crankbaits such as walleye shad or reef runners.

In the tailwater, sluice gate releases begun earlier this week have cooled the water from 62 to 56 degrees. The cooler water has seemed to help the trout fishing as numerous rainbows are being caught near the dam on power bait and salmon eggs. Some nice browns are also being caught near timber on suspending jerk baits and shallow running rapalas.

Written by Written by John D. Williams [email protected]

·
Fish against the fish...
1,110 Posts
How'd you do??? we have about 25 days until we're down there on vacation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts