close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dale Hollow 3/10-3/13

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Big Daddy, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Just got back last night. Tough weather patterns down there. 30 degrees one day with ice and snow, 75 the next! Was still a bunch of fun. Beautiful lake, that's for sure. I'll just post the pix and leave the fishing reports for those who actually caught more than one. LOL. Was still a great time, lots of laughs, that's for sure! Here's DaleM with his first fish.

[​IMG]

2. The white streaks are the ice pellets. Those hurt when you're running across the lake doing 50mph!!!

[​IMG]

3. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Yes Sir Rebob, even though it's a bass, that's a nice fish! :rolleyes: Hey, any fish looks good right about now :D

4. Nice fish,looks like you goys had fun :) Water looks GREAT!!

5. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

We had a great time i only caught one little LM but man it was great to get on the water and get down to the Hollow for the first time. It did suck to leave the lake on sunday it was almost 60degrees and when got home it was 27 degrees.

6. You sure didn't miss anything here other than more snow. :( Did anyone try for anything other than the smallmouth? Heard they were taking some walleye down there.

7. Freeze

Freeze Cisco Kid

Nice fish and thanks for the report. What kind of water temps did you guys find?

8. Tee

Tee Team OGF

It was a great time! I'll have to post pics early next week as my work has me going to Montreal, Canada.

The water temps ranged anywhere from 47.3 to 48.6 from my fishfinder.

9. Freeze

Freeze Cisco Kid

Glad it was a good time. Man nothing better than spending time on the beautiful lake with nothing to but fish!!! :)

Good to hear those temps. We head down in 16 days and are still hoping the water gets above 50. Weather forecasts are starting to look better but still not great.

10. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Although we didn't catch as many as we have in past trips, the sizes this year were SWEET. Between the 8 of us, we boated the following: (2) 6lb+, (3) 5lb+, the rest we're mainly 4's. Took 3 spots, 2.4, 3.2, 4.2, and about 6 trout (biggest was 19inches).

Here's a few pics from our boat:

4.2lb Spotted Bass
    [​IMG]

4+
    [​IMG]

Father in laws first fish of the trip
    [​IMG]

Another 4+
    [​IMG]

Dale's 2.4 Spot
    [​IMG]

Another 4+
    [​IMG]

Again, GREAT trip with good people. That's what it's alllll about :D

11. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

Nice job B. :D
    that spot is awesome.

12. ShakeDown

Thanks J! That sucker had me shakin man...I was in complete disbelief when he first broke water, assuming it was a largemouth because of the size. Didn't believe it until I saw the tooth patch on the tongue.

13. Freeze

Freeze Cisco Kid

Shake - well another nice bunch of fish, you must have that FNF stuff down. So since Fletch and I aren't going for another 2 weeks, was wondering if the overall opinion down there is that the FNF is almost finished for the year or not? I was watching the temps while you guys were down there and a nasty cold front really came through. Did that help or hurt since you were using the FNF?

Congrats!!!!

14. ShakeDown

Freeze...in 2 weeks, I'd leave the fnf stuff home...we hit the tail end of it, and the fish should start smackin cranks soon.

This was a "different" trip from the last 2 in a few respects. The past 2 times, we had our best days on cold fronts. This time around, that cold front gave em severe lockjaw...for a solid 3 days. I guess you should expect that going from a high of 75 to a low of 20 in 24 hours ;)

From what I've experienced and read (I'm by no means a pro at this), the fnf is probably the best cold front non-live bait method you can use. I'm also 100% convinced that you need to smack em on the head with it. We've had numerous times, where a boat will fish a stretch of wall, without even a sniff (this happened this past week). We pulled in right behind them, and pulled 3 out of that exact area they didn;t get a bite in. I'm sure that's happened to us all at one point or another, but i've never seen it on a scale like this. I think half of the battle is being at the right place at the right time, and putting it RIGHT in front of them. They aren't chasing anything in cold water like that (atleast I'm convinced they aren't).

15. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

Remember when we were there B?
    74 in the afternoon on day 1 and then thunderstorms
    overnight and 31 with a hard north wind the next morning.
    Nasty stuff.
    You guys did great considering what you had to work with.
    I would have a replica mount of that spot done, I know guys
    that would kill for a spot like that. :)
    tell Bill I said hi. ok?

16. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

wheres the pics of the big fish????