Daiwa Tierra

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by archman, Jan 13, 2008.

1. I got some gift cards from Bass Pro for Christmas so I decided to get a new reel. I have pretty much used Shimanos exclusively (aside from a brief stint with the Quantum Synergy), so I wanted to try something new. This reel is awesome!!! I have never used something so smooth, especially the drag. I hooked into 9 steelies today and the drag did not fail me once. It is also very lightweight. I definitely recommend this reel to anyone who is in the market for something in the $100 range.

2. i have two of the tierras and they are a good reel for the price. i would reccomend them to anyone.

3. I have used Shimano spinning reels exclusively for going on 20 years now. Due to a Shimano customer service issue that wasn't resolved to my satisfaction, I bought 2 Tierras this past fall. They are awesome. Gotta love the Air Bail and waterproof drag. IMO they are superior to the Stradic. Shimano better watch out....some of their 2008 mid priced reels are crap.

4. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I'm also a big Tierra fan. I'd been using Stradics since the early 90's. I was introduced to the Tierra last season, and bought four immediately (two 2500s, and two 3000s). I like the big, beefy bail, and the drag smoothness is second to none.

5. Same here!

I was a huge Shimano Stradic fan, but now I will ONLY go with Daiwa spinning reels. I finally had some issues with a Stradic binding after getting wet. People had been telling me about the problem for years, but it just happened to me last year.

I got a Tierra, and there is no going back. I'm waiting on the BPS sale to get a Sol. I just wish that the Diawas had a higher gear ratio.