Ohio Game Fishing banner
61 - 80 of 190 Posts

· Registered
962 Posts
When, I was younger, I used to jog, loved it. Now, my legs will not let me do it any more. Americans, have become really lazy. How many mow there own lawn. That is a good walk. Fast food has had the finger pointed at it. Is that the problem for obease, or is it lazyness. I, will never under stand, how people can sit and watch sports on a nice day. Go out and do some thing. At 75, I exersize and do my own yard work. Right out of high school, I went in the army. To this day, I live by, More PT, Sir, we love It. Your body is a muscle, you need to keep exersiseing it, or suffer the consuquence.

· Registered
7,461 Posts
That’s a good idea
yup... like you said… Just get out and do it… Find a way. you seem pretty dedicated to making a change and that's really all it takes is dedication… Just find a way around the problem.
I'll say it again on this thread, I've been a nurse for over 20 years now… I've done everything from recovering patients out of ortho surgeries, open-heart surgeries, trauma surgeries, dialysis, pacemakers, cardiac stents, pretty ugly Covid cases and all kinds of other stuff.
staying active and walking is a terrific thing… Get yourself to the point where it's just a habit and you don't even think about doing it anymore… you'll thank yourself in your retirement when you're still out there hunting with Bob and not sitting on his purple couch because you're too tired. keep it up and don't give up, you're doing way better than you actually think you are. 👍👍. Go Navy.! 👊🇺🇸

· Super Moderator
8,329 Posts
yup... like you said… Just get out and do it… Find a way. you seem pretty dedicated to making a change and that's really all it takes is dedication… Just find a way around the problem.
I'll say it again on this thread, I've been a nurse for over 20 years now… I've done everything from recovering patients out of ortho surgeries, open-heart surgeries, trauma surgeries, dialysis, pacemakers, cardiac stents, pretty ugly Covid cases and all kinds of other stuff.
staying active and walking is a terrific thing… Get yourself to the point where it's just a habit and you don't even think about doing it anymore… you'll thank yourself in your retirement when you're still out there hunting with Bob and not sitting on his purple couch because you're too tired. keep it up and don't give up, you're doing way better than you actually think you are. 👍👍. Go Navy.! 👊🇺🇸
So instead of him driving my 4 wheeler to his blind I should make him walk? I like it. It’s for his own good.

· the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Beard Snow Sky Flash photography Cool

Font Parallel Slope Rectangle Diagram

Woke up at 4:40 this morning and looked outside, the great snow storm of Jan 2023 didnt hit yet so I got my walking shoes on and headed out. Of course as soon as I got going it started coming down. I was able to get 3 1/2 miles in before I got wet and cold. Footing was actually pretty good with the fresh snow.

looks like the time on my app is an hour off.

· the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
you'll thank yourself in your retirement when you're still out there hunting with Bob and not sitting on his purple couch because you're too tired. keep it up and don't give up, you're doing way better than you actually think you are. 👍👍. Go Navy.! 👊🇺🇸
Oh I don’t sit on the purple couch because I’m tired, I’m just trying to fit in :)

Go Navy!! 🇺🇸 I like it!

· Registered
7,461 Posts
View attachment 503451
View attachment 503450
Woke up at 4:40 this morning and looked outside, the great snow storm of Jan 2023 didnt hit yet so I got my walking shoes on and headed out. Of course as soon as I got going it started coming down. I was able to get 3 1/2 miles in before I got wet and cold. Footing was actually pretty good with the fresh snow.

looks like the time on my app is an hour off.
keep at it man… If you want any inspiration here's a bit… My dad is doing the same thing that you are doing....He just turned 78.

· the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Was out to the gun club this morning to shoot the new GLOCK, already had the boots on so I decided to do my walk today, thru the woods… woooo, went 1.72 miles, pace is irrelevant because of all the snow and zig zagging. Let me tell you, it was a tuff walk, I was covered in sweat when I finally go back to the clubhouse.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 190 Posts