Ohio Game Fishing banner
41 - 60 of 190 Posts

· the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Ez, im guessing your evbike will be for sale since your walking everywhere now :LOL:
Bobk sure could use extra help down in the hills
no no no, I have been ride some when we get nice days.

· the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Looks like we got about 3-4” of snow overnight, think I’ll take a snow day from walking. Not worth slipping and falling again to me.
What do you do when you can’t walk outside due to weather, I know people walk at the mall but dodging people isn’t my thing.

· the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I use to jog 20-25 miles a week until I had my leg broke a accident in 1999. Still have plates & screws in it. I started riding a stationary bike within the year & doing 30 minutes a day. I have the bike in front of a tv to avoid boredom. Was also walking 2 miles a day until about a year ago. Been putting off a knee replacement. The leg is now bowed & causing meniscus problems & other ones.
Still riding the stationary bike even though I am using a cane to get around. Going to schedule x-rays to start the procedure for the surgery.Will be 78 this yr & live alone so I won't have much support.
If I have the surgery & it is successful I hope to get back into walking again. I use to walk at Mosquito State Park almost everyday. .
good luck on the surgery, I love walking at the state park, I walk thru the campgrounds too.

· Super Moderator
8,329 Posts
Looks like we got about 3-4” of snow overnight, think I’ll take a snow day from walking. Not worth slipping and falling again to me.
What do you do when you can’t walk outside due to weather, I know people walk at the mall but dodging people isn’t my thing.
You got an upstairs? Some days I will run the steps for a half hour.

· The end is near
10,727 Posts
My Aunt was on a walker but managed to make a path in her house where she walked 20 laps a day. She retired as a nurse from a VA hospital and knew the benefits of exercise.
If you really want to, you'll find a way.
I think swimming is the best for of exercise. Hardly any impact on your joints. After we move back to WV I'm going to look into the Silver Slippers program that Medicare offers.

· Registered
1,482 Posts
you cant walk everyday, things come up and i dont like walking in the rain, cold i can handle, wet feet suck.. keep walking

If you have room for one a treadmill is a great option. You can walk anytime regardless of the weather or time of day. You can know continuously how far you have gone and you can vary your pace and the incline resistance as you like. Put a tv in front of it and you can walk instead of sitting while watching.

· Registered
4,204 Posts
Dang..... get you a treadmill for inside

· Registered
2,070 Posts
I’m only 36 but a couple of years ago I noticed a double chin and my pants were tight. I’m about 5’8” or so. Weighed 186 pounds. Did the keto diet and walked in the evenings 3+ miles on a slight incline. Dropped to 152 pounds after 2 months of strict diet. My size 32 pants don’t fit at all anymore. That was probably 4 or 5 years ago. Maybe you could strap a loaded 1911 to your hip while you’re walking, you know, increase that heart rate quite a bit with how heavy it is……I haven’t been so strict on the diet lately and started working out pretty heavy but my shoulders have started to bother me now. At 155 pounds I was able to bench press 325. I still keep an eye on sugar and carbs but working out sort of eases my mind. I don’t want to get pudgy again. It’s a heck of a lot easier to put on than it is to get it off.

· Registered
1,713 Posts
sounds like an excuse, thats what i tell myself, i work plenty of 12's and those are the days i walk after work before going home, if i go home, im done. like i said.. one mile is better than no mile.
It is. But the beer in my hand when I walk in the door complains if I try to put it down. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
1,974 Posts
We were in Streetsboro Sunday & I walked in the snow, twice through the allottment where youngest Daughter's Family lives. The only "slip 'n slides" I experienced during my hour walk was where folks had cleared(?) their sidewalks. LOL

I don't like to walk indoors either, & with all my Carharrt stuff, I can handle literally ANY weather.

Mike

· Registered
1,974 Posts
My last remaining "walking need" gets delivered today....HEADLAMPS. It seems almost silly to get excited about something so simple, but it opens up new "adventures". (y)

Mike
Headlamps (multi function with motion sensor) came today from Amazon.I've had a ball playing with them (2 pack for $20.00 & VERY highly rated). No walk tonight as up at 3:45am & work was almost a 12 hour day starting before 6:30am (this old man's BEAT!), but these will get a LOT of use walking, fishing, working where flashlight needed straight ahead, Grandkids on beach at night, getting nightcrawlers, etc. I LOVE new toys!!!

Mike

· Registered
208 Posts
This past year, I averaged just under 5 miles a day. When the weather is good I average over 7. I just turned 66, and I try to do as many projects as possible as well since I am retired and need to stay active. Bloodwork is great in all areas, so with watching what I eat and staying active, it keeps Big Pharma away.

· Registered
7,461 Posts
Just like the ice fishing guys do… Get some of those rubber grip things that you slide around the bottoms of your shoes and go for a walk!

41 - 60 of 190 Posts