close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dad Gets Another Good One

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by Fish4Food, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Fish4Food

Fish4Food Built Ford Tough

Here are some pictures of the buck my dad killed while hunting a cut corn field, during the extended gun season, 12 scorable points, with three broken kickers. I thought last year's "Unicorn Buck" was gonna be hard to beat, but I guess not for my dad.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Nice buck:! - looks to have a real nice sized body on him as well!

3. Careful! I think he is just sleeping!! I don't see any holes in him.:D:D

That is a great looking buck by the way. Congrats to your dad.

4. Fish4Food

haha, yea he actually put a perfect heart shot on it, the buck was only about 30 yards, I did some retouching on the computer, and took out the entry hole, makes for a better picture

5. Now that you mention the photo touch-up I looked closer at the large picture. I think I actually see the spot. It looks like he took the shoulder out in the process.

6. Fish4Food

yea, I just did a quick cover up you can still see a little discolored area, where its not a perfect match, he actually shot the deer at an angle where the bullet missed the shoulder, and the buck still ran about 80 yards before dropping.

7. That's a great buck! What county did this buck come out of?

8. Kyfisherman1

Kyfisherman1 scott_menix@yahoo.com

now that is a nice buck!

9. Fish4Food

thanks, that buck was taken in Portage county

10. GREAT buck !!! Congrats to Dad....

11. Where did he hit him I dont see any holes. That driving snow brings back some cold memories for sure. Great buck!

12. Fish4Food

I don't think the buck will score very high actually. I'm not sure how the kickers will be scored, but it will have alot of deductions. The shot was a perfect heart shot, the bullet hole was covered with a little photo editting, thanks everyone

13. Kyfisherman1

that buck is at least in the 160's..... good mass and good tine length

deductions? who cares? that deer grew every inch of those horns, to deduct is non-sense, tell us what his gross score comes out to be?

I'll guess 167

can't beleive you don't think it will score good

14. omg what a nice buck your dad should be proud and idk that unicorn was crazy looken

15. Fish4Food

haha, tell that to the guys with Ohio Big Buck, I have been around deer scoring my whole life, the pictures make it look a little better than it really is. This buck will probably not net more than 145, it is just too unsymetrical

16. Kyfisherman1

net score? heck with that....... i like the if he grows it, it counts method lol

Maybe the pic is making him look better, before editing my post i guessed he would gross 158, then started lookin again and was like dang he might go another 10 lol

17. BuckHunter10

BuckHunter10 Hunting 24/7

awesome buck man that thing is a brute congrats

18. Awesome deer no matter what he scores.