close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

d ring loops

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by closing time, Jan 2, 2008.

1. i just got one does anyone use one??? i havent shot it yet. anything will help

pros/cons

thanks

2. i've shot a string d loop and a metal d loop and it depends on what release you use. i have a scott release and you CAN NOT shoot a metal d loop with a scott release. it WILL snag on the edge of the release and send your arrow flyin to god knows where!!!!! i didnt know that and after i shot it i had to change my shorts...the only release i know you can use metal d loop with is a clamp style release. but i've always liked the string d loops. this may sound silly but i can always know when i have a good shot with out even looking at the target...i look at my loop. if the back part of the string it up then i know its a good shot silly but its true....lol
    i hope this helps.
    scott

3. If you are talking about a metal d-ring loop, don't use it. It is too much weight on your string. It will slow your arrow down, but worst of all it causes excessive string slap and vibration. The weight of the metal d-loop will cause your string to travel past it's resting point when released, sometimes so far forward that it will hit the riser. If you search on archerytalk.com you can find some slow motion videos of what happens with a metal loop. If you want a loop go with a string loop.