close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

D-Bends

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FLT_TUBE_JNKY, Aug 26, 2007.

1. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

I would like to rename this place to meat hunters paradise due to the fact that I cant fish the shore from my boat. Its like every 10ft there is someone standing on the shore. Cols Metro Parks is a joke and have no clue what they are doing. IMO

2. There have been a number of fisherman. The only action I have had is with a jitterbug near dusk, just about when they close the park. Have you caught anything? stevek

3. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

I caught good numbers but the size is just not there. when they opened it up last year the size was there.

4. i have never done really well there, but just walk down to the darby and things start looking up!!!!!!

5. JamesT

JamesT Banned

I think this is one of the best spots in Columbus area for trophy largemouth. Deep drop shotting gives a good chance at 5-10 pound fish.

6. FINMAN

FINMAN Old Junior Member

Sorry to hear your experience at Darby Bend was less than you'd hoped. If you have any suggestions that would make it a better place to fish, I'm sure the good people at the Metro Parks would be glad to have your input. Tom, Leslie, and Brianne can be reached at 879-0020, or you can go to the Metroparks website.

Please bear in mind that this type of fishery is set up for the average kid, or the parent that doesn't fish much but wants to do so with their kids. Clean environment and easy access makes this an enjoyable place for the not-so-hardcore angler.

If I were fishing Darby Bend Lakes from a boat, I'd concentrate on the areas of shore that aren't as accessible to the average parks anglers, like the north shores, woody areas and island.

7. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

Finman:
    I'm over my frustration now. you must have not been there latley the north shore is wide open now since the leavy was removed. Those ponds get soo much preasure that I'm just going to have to put more time in to get that big one. I was mainly talking about the beaver pond. If the ponds were just for people looking for an easy fishing experence the bag limits would be lower or C&R only, but they are not. It makes easy fishing for the meat hunters. thanks for the info for metro parks, I might call them up.

With the poppularity of the place it should motivate the parks dept to do more things like D-bends.