close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cvnra Ponds

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishing pole, Jun 1, 2004.

1. fishing pole

fishing pole Off the beaten path

Fished a couple of ponds with the long rod Sunday. Lots of small gills and lost a nice 3 lb LM. All around good fishing cant wait for the rivers to drop for some smallies on poppers. Iam up to my ears in smallie flies as I have been tying since March.

2. If you don't want to wait for the other rivers to drop you might try the Grand. It's not high at all and is actually a bit low right now. I was out there Sunday and Monday and the fish were active.

Steve

3. fishing pole

Thanks,

I noticed the Grand was okay and even low. I like it like that in the summer. I only had two hours to fish and headed nearby. This week may bring me more time

4. fishing pole...

are you fly fishing the ponds? you doing this from shore? or wading in a bit?

i've got a ton of flies i'd love to use, but havn't found much shore space to throw the flies at decent targets.

THanks,

Don

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

any of the ponds have open shores. i esp. like indigo lake and horshoe pond. goosefeather has been pretty good at time too.

6. fishing pole

dday

fishing from shore. do alot of roll casting and use poppers with a dropper fly. usually a streamer. keep plugging away. dont get discouraged as you will inevitably be picking flies out of the trees behind yopu when you forget

pole