Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Off the beaten path
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished a couple of ponds with the long rod Sunday. Lots of small gills and lost a nice 3 lb LM. All around good fishing cant wait for the rivers to drop for some smallies on poppers. Iam up to my ears in smallie flies as I have been tying since March.

·
Registered
670 Posts
If you don't want to wait for the other rivers to drop you might try the Grand. It's not high at all and is actually a bit low right now. I was out there Sunday and Monday and the fish were active.

Steve

·
Off the beaten path
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I noticed the Grand was okay and even low. I like it like that in the summer. I only had two hours to fish and headed nearby. This week may bring me more time

·
Registered
338 Posts
fishing pole...

are you fly fishing the ponds? you doing this from shore? or wading in a bit?

i've got a ton of flies i'd love to use, but havn't found much shore space to throw the flies at decent targets.

THanks,

Don

·
SOLID MEAT
5,688 Posts
any of the ponds have open shores. i esp. like indigo lake and horshoe pond. goosefeather has been pretty good at time too.

·
Off the beaten path
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dday

fishing from shore. do alot of roll casting and use poppers with a dropper fly. usually a streamer. keep plugging away. dont get discouraged as you will inevitably be picking flies out of the trees behind yopu when you forget

pole

1 - 6 of 6 Posts