Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever fished the cuyahoga river or tinkers creek in this area. If so is it any good and what kind of fish are common. I am looking to take a trip up there this friday. Thanks for any info

·
Konfused Kayaker
5,200 Posts
The Cuyahoga around there is good for smallies & channel cats, although some guys with accents & big buckets have been thinning them out.:( Best to hit areas that are harder to access nowadays. A little hiking will be worth it. Can't go wrong following the rail road tracks. Tinker's is good for carp..

·
Off the beaten path
940 Posts
The Cuyahoga around there is good for smallies & channel cats, although some guys with accents & big buckets have been thinning them out.:( Best to hit areas that are harder to access nowadays. A little hiking will be worth it. Can't go wrong following the rail road tracks. Tinker's is good for carp..
He has a bike now and has been seen in 'harder to reach places". Commonly carrying out 1 to 2 buckets a day.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yes, I fished the river there before a long time ago growing up, there was not as many people fishing there...but we would catch 20-30lb carp in the spring, what a blast!. But you can go under the Turnpike bridge is a pretty good spot (there is a gravel road that takes you down there off 82) and catch L/S mouth bass and crappies. My dad caught a 4lb smally there a few years ago, not sure what its like now the way erosion is affecting that river..I fish the Hoga in Kent, girlfriend caught about a 2 lb smallie yesterday was the biggest...I was using small white jig, I caught a 3" smallie on it..lol, good luck

·
Konfused Kayaker
5,200 Posts
fishngolf - Musta been a while. The gravel road (Station Rd.) was replaced years ago. Brings back memories - I remember fishing there b4 the National Park!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Isn't Tinker's Creek over in Aurora? If that's the place you mean, there are some decent bass to be had there, but you need to be used to fishing weeds. That entire pond is a weedbed.
That is Tinkers Creek State Park. I fish there alot. Tinkers Creek itself is a tributary of the Cuyahoga. It runs from Portage County all the way to the Cuyahoga in Valley View on Canal Rd.

·
Registered
567 Posts
fishngolf - Musta been a while. The gravel road (Station Rd.) was replaced years ago. Brings back memories - I remember fishing there b4 the National Park!
Yea.. we used to too..I grew up on Rockside and Turney, we used to ride our bikes down Hathaway Rd to Tinkers and the Hoga river and fish and goof off...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anyone fish the area between snowville and boston mills? i live 1 mile there and and tried a bunch and caught nothing. I fish Off of riverview by Columbia where you can see the river bend from the road. Am i wasting my time there? any experiences there? thanks
Nick

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've only fished at the dam and just south of Boston Mills. Haven't done any good at either spot. I commute up Riverview and always thought that bend looked nice and would like to try it too but I'd almost rather try the little pond alongside the road just north of that spot. Looks like it would hold a few nice bass.

·
Off the beaten path
940 Posts
Just keep on fishing. The river takes a while to reveal her secrets. You will be rewarded. Trust me!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ok I 'm ready for the river!!! Think I'm gona go this mon-tuesday. Maybe try that tinkers creek state park. Has anyone ever pulled some big bass or cat or crappie out of the horseshoe pond up around the bend off major rd.???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts