Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with a buddy for 4 hours on Labor Day between Portage Path and Bath Road. We got 40 smallies, 3 pike, and one small steelhead. Judging from the location and size of the steelie, I'd guess they are reproducing in this section of the river. Used mostly crankbaits.
A great stretch of water this time of year!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice job. That's awesome. I like to fly fish the section between Oxbow and the Gorge. It was great all summer and is now slowing down on the fly. Been thinking of scouting the section you fished where it gets a bit deeper and slower.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wade it. There are a few deep holes here and there but nothing really too deep to cross...at least when the water is at normal levels. Plenty of guys with spinning rods just walk the banks and/or wade in a little bit.

·
borderline newb
220 Posts
Thanks! Will give that a try. I usually fish in my kayak but lately my back has been killing me and I need to try new alternatives!

·
Registered
123 Posts
i hit behind baseball fields behind cuyahoga st and winking lizard in valley nothing all day went next week to ira and about 730 am threw into some weeds with a worm and got thisbiggest one all year

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Hit the Hoga on Friday night in Akron. Only caught a few dink smallies on crawlers until I threw a shiner into a real good looking pike hole. 5 seconds later I was hooked into a 24" pike that was pissed off! My 20lb test kept him out of the sticks and I safely caught and released him for another day.

·
Registered
123 Posts
where in akron and or kent are pike hitting i cannot locate the area i usually go around 7am till 1pm i just wana catch a pike this year and is 8 lb line too light?

·
Tackle addict
2,036 Posts
NICE! I know that spot, and a park ranger said they are considering closing it to fishing. He said boardwalks, hooks and people do not mix. Boo!

·
Registered
123 Posts
wait wait wait what when did you hear they are thinking of closing it that spot is great always fish biting the rangers are always nice to me i go about every weekend prob should be with the lady more but fishing...what can i say its fishing to me there isnt many things better than sunday fishing after long week of work ha

·
Registered
123 Posts
oh and yes all way around the right side i wana hit that far bank but dont know how to get there and dont wana make anyone mad but fish are always jumping on that side and way out in big open side

1 - 15 of 15 Posts