close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cuyahoga Shore Access

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Ranger4x4, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Well, after a hot day in the early-season squirrel woods (I think they're still lazy, way too warm), I'm thinking my last day off-work should be fishing somewhere I haven't really fished a lot yet. I've been to the cuyahoga only twice so I really dont know a whole lot about the river, I'm just looking for some suggestions. I'm thinking about up near 82 bridge or waterworks park. What area would you guys suggest for someone thats looking for as much walkable (or at least public land) shoreline? My friend from work and his wife will be accompanying me and my girlfriend, hopefully the ladies will get a chance to catch something on artificial bait rather than the usual bobber and nightcrawler. Although if I lose another mepps #3 aglia this year I'm gonna start a french lure making factory in my backyard to keep my tackle box stocked hehe. I have not bought any waders yet, though with the warm weather maybe it wouldnt matter to wade it without them if need be. Well any info would be appreciated, if we don't go up there it will be nimisila south end probably. Will post a pic of my buddy's second pike of the year soon, as well as my first channel cat caught on artificial.

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

there are a few parks in kent. both are pretty close to rt. 59.

3. Baitkiller

Baitkiller Baitkiller

The east side of Gorge Park is nice. Rough walk if your 55 or over. Go pasted the dam and take the trail DOWN...... :eek: BARE TO THE LEFT PLEASE. Theres big Carp, Smallmouth, Gills. It pretty down there more than good fishing.

http://www.neo.rr.com/MetroParks/mapguide.html

<><Baitkiller><>

4. Thanks for the info, still undecided where to try, so many areas. I've been looking at old posts and it sounds like the gorge park prohibits shore-fishing, but people probably still do anyway. I'll post results wherever we decide to go.

5. Baitkiller

Baitkiller Baitkiller

;)

They allow shore fishing on the EAST side below the dam. I go down there all the time and see many others doing the same. It is not posted where the rest of the park is.

<><Baitkiller><>

6. Well, I ended up going to area under 82 bridge, thanks for the info guys, I will have to check out these areas sometime when I dont have 2 ladies with me that insist on carrying them doggone chairs-in-a-bag everywhere we go. Heck my tackle box is big enough as it is. I'll definitely have a look at the gorge area, once I get some waders and find somewhere that doesn't look life threatening to wade I should be able to learn the river more. I did happen to see some kid fishing with about 6 poles (yes I counted) on that weird sloped concrete thing and in so doing he took all available fishing areas over there. All law enforcement in the state of ohio was on the roads today apparently, as I saw numerous laws broken (see my post about hinckley lake). Hope everyone had a good fish-filled holiday weekend, I'm gonna try for cascade valley park next saturday if all go's well.

7. I fished Cascade Valley about once every week or every other for about an hour or so just for kicks and relaxation but can only manage to bring up about 4, 8-10"ers every time from the same riffle/pool and no where else. I've got them all on a Black blade Mepps I think a #2. Got the same ole same ole on saturday morning, was in and out in 45 minutes, C & R 4 smallies. I start where the trail almost meets the river at the far lot in the Oxbow area and work my way downstream to the Cuyahoga Street Bridge. There is plenty of nice smallie habitat just can never seem to get a hold of anything else except this one pool. I do need to do a bit of upstream exploring though. I'd like to fish the Cascade Locks area, man are there some HUGE softshell turtles there.