Cuyahoga River and Private Pond Weekend of 5/10/08

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by awides, May 14, 2008.

1. Going to try and post some pics from this weekend (and a few weekends ago). LM caught on 10" PowerBait worm on a Texas Rig (dark green) on the Hoga. Second is a decent pike also caught on the Hoga (few weeks ago--weekend of 04/19/08, I believe). He hit on a small minnow on a crappie rig. Finally is a cat caught at a private pond by my parent's house in Hudson. Was over for a visit and got this guy on a bottom rig with half a bluegill. Scale that I'm holding reads 15lbs, but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Attached Files:

2. Nice!!!! What did the scale say on the pike? I know , scales don't talk!! Oops, guess I should have read the whole thing before this post!!!

3. Yanky

Yanky shakesbeard

whereabouts on the cuyahoga are you fishing? just lookin for a general region really, not your special spots :)

4. Stow/Cuyahoga Falls area--usually anywhere from the old Monroe Falls dam down to the old Tackleshack in the Falls (not sure why I'm referring to everything as "old"--guess burnt down and not there anymore would be more appropriate).

5. You know what, I honestly don't remember--that's why I didn't post the weight. I wanted to be "factual" with my information. Anyhow, I guess for the future it would make sense not to completely cover the scale in the photo!:)

6. Cheesehead Cory

Cheesehead Cory Displaced Person

That is an awesome bass for the 'hoga! Nice job.

7. Tokugawa

Tokugawa Tackle addict

Nice work! Good to see CVCA students doing well...from an alumni.

8. Alum myself--2003

9. Yanky

Yanky shakesbeard

ah i was afraid you would say you were down there once i saw your location on your profile. im up in the cleveland area and was hopin for some tips on the area around here.

thx though! good catch :)

10. Yeah, sorry. Unfortunately I don't get up that way too often on the rivers but for steelheading in the winter.

11. BIG BEAR

BIG BEAR Rick

I fish at that little pond a lot too. I have probably seen you there, although I haven't made it there too much this year, Since My wife and I had a little girl in december. I have been there twice but it was too flooded both times I went. Have you caught any crappie there? I did really well on crappie there last year including 2 over 15" but it seems to always be hit or miss. I have caught a 6 lb bass in that pond and also a few pike over 30 inches, all while crappie fishing with a twister tail or minnow. any ways Nice Fish, maybe see you there sometime. Rick

12. BIGBEAR: I go there often. You know what, in fact, if you are who I think you are, we did meet once last year if you're the guy I'm thinking of. I did fair on crappie last year, and I agree, they are very "hit or miss." Usually do best on the West end. I went a few times early in the year too and everything was totally flooded. Unfishable.

Nice job on the huge bass. I've only pulled a few smaller ones out of that pond. The one in the pics is from up by the Tackleshack bridge in the Falls. Hope to see you out there!

Andrew