1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Ohio State Alumni 05'
1,285 Posts
Did the fish break water or stay tight to the bottom? I'm still debating about my lost "whatchamacallit" fish out of the Cuyahoga on a black/silver floater.

Obviously he hit the float up high, but what was the rest of the fight like?

CONGRATS!

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Very nice pike. :)

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Great job landing that beast. Guessing that fish put up an awesome fight!!!
Congratulations...you da man!

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
NICE fish!!! What a monster!!!

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
That is indeed a great fish!! I am also curious as to whether you actually got measurements and weight? The current state record is 43" and 22.38#. To me that fish looks to be up around that size. I realize that to be recognized as the state record it would have to be officially weighed and verified but at least you would have the satisfaction of knowing that you caught a record fish. I am basing my observation on guesswork of the length but it appears to me to be a 45" or larger fish.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ya it was about 40" we took a quick measurement.....and we didn't have a scale but he was pretty heavy......he got hooked in the gillplate and started to bleed a little so we got him back in the water real fast.....but yai don't think he was 43 but we never did take a real good official measurement....i didnt realize the state record was only that big.....oh well he alive and still in there to catch

·
Registered
462 Posts
I was debating whether to hit the hoga this evening or not... that fish just made my decision.

Great catch!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
If she was around 40" then I would say she was not a record fish. Pictures make it difficult to tell but i was guessing around 45". If she was around 45 then she would have been getting close. If she was 45" and caught a few months ago before spawning then I would say she could have certainly been a record fish. At any rate she is a beauty and I am sure you are still excited about that catch. And you have a great picture to remember her by.;)

·
Super Moderator
3,928 Posts
WAS IT healthy enough to release?

·
Super Moderator
3,928 Posts
that fish may have gone 43" but wasnt near the 22.3 weight of the current Ohio record.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts