close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cut the floor out of the boat today started repairs.

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Fish4Fun, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Well the front floor in my boat was showing rot at the end of last season so i finally got around to cutting it out today. I got it all cut out and cleaned up and put the first 2 pcs of fiberglass in the keel i will add more tomorrow as i want to strengthen this area up while iam in there. I have some pictures in order what i have done so far and pic of materials. I have $75 bucks in fiberglass resin, fiber cloth, dow insulation board, puddy knifes, and wood strips to help with floor support. And a little buz from the fumes. lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

add more fiberglass reinforcement yesterday and got all the foam board in place the pcs of wood cut. Also removed all wiring to put in new and building a floor and storage box for the back of the boat. Picked up the new carpet and supplies today on the way to work.

3. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Your gonna need that boat very soon. Good luck with all your repairs.

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Iam on it man wont be too long and will show you some more pics. I got the floor all back in the front and its been glassed in with several layers. I just have to carpet it and fix the wiring she'll be ready soon.

5. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I am getting there the front deck area was put back in and fiberglassed the wood in place. the rest of the carpet area you see is all new and is removable flooring. Also redoing all wiring and moving the controls around.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. How heavy is that boat Jerry?
    How about a full view photo too ;)

7. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

i will put a full view pic on, i haven't added that much weight only about 1/2 a sheet of plywood worth of more weight and i also added more foam. and the water line wasn't very high before but if i would run into a weight issue the floor that wasn't the origianal floor is removable.

8. You have done a great job on the boat Jerry. So from the hull ID numbers it looks like that boat came from New York?

9. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Thanks brian. The boat actually came out of flordia dad picked it up down there off an old guy from new york.

Got some more things for it today.
    Boat cover
    new gas line
    TM plug in
    Tm fuse link
    2 accessory plugs
    rod saver velcro straps
    bearing buddy covers
    new drain plug

Wife is going to kill me soon. I will miss you all

10. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

shes basically done and hitting the water tomorrow i have to hook up the stern light, kill switch and another FF and thats it.

11. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Ok heres some pics, i did alot to this boat all new floors and carpet all new wiring soldered and heat shrinked, dual bank on board charger, new pedastle and seat, new seat bracket in back. New control box for all the switchs. any and all stress cracks or rub areas on the hull preped and patched with marine epoxy (not holes just chips hear and there). Carb teardown and clean. Lets fish first light tomorrow oh ya. Still have a garmin FF to mount and rod holder, and plum in livewells soon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. basstrackerman

basstrackerman marshall

jerry the boat looks fantastic!!! nice work. i just sold a boat to a guy i work with and it was a fish eagle fiberglass from north carolina, it looks just like that. its 13'11" long with a galvanized trailer. sweet little boat. i should have kept it and not bought my basstracker.well, i do love my basstracker.

13. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Thanks man i fish knox alot give me a yell if you see me out. I plan to buy a new boat in cpl yrs but will keep this one for knox and small lakes

14. That had to be a lot of work but sure looks worth it. :) Now all you need is some dried up pork rind and fish eggs on the floor to make it look complete.
    :rolleyes: ;) :D

15. basstrackerman

basstrackerman marshall

i will jerry. be lookin for ya on the lake.have a great weekend!

bill