close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cut Sheephead for bait?

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 14, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

ON my recent trip to Lake Erie, (yes I went Walleye fishing, I will admit it), I was catching Sheephead all day long. I want to cut one up & fish for Channels. Has anyone ever used Cut Sheephead?

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Why dont you ask me these questions????? It will work but not great.

3. gstrick27

gstrick27 ITS BLUEJACKETS TIME!!!!!

never heard of using them for cats, but they r used in the south to fish for alligator gar.

4. Sheephead is sometimes the bait-of-choice for big flatheads on our stretch of the GMR. Never saw a channel on sheephead, though. Prefer to use the little ones (to about 12 inches) live on a sliprig. Use the head on the big ones. Also use suckers & small carp this way. We fish 'em up out of the boil below the dam using bits of nitecrawler.

5. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

I have done that and caught a few. Not my first choice. But in a pinch, go for it.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Nice Jack, come on buddy I could have had all the Sheephead I wanted last week. You are susposed to inform me of these things!