Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, let me state that I am not sponsored but South Shore, they dont give me any perks for kind comments, etc...

Last weekend while in Wheatley I had a trim tab go bad. It was a Lenco Electric, no fault of Contender. I tried to fix it myself and could not get it to go, it had a bad drive. By the time I gave up it was 10:00 at night on Sunday, and we had a tourney to fish up in Wheatley this weekend (was called due to high winds at the end of the day anyway!). I needed the boat fixed by Thursday. I figured I would give Tom, the owner, a call as I was desperate. Not only did he pick up, I was hoping to leave a voicemail and get a call back on Monday, but he was willing to start work on the boat as soon as I could get to him as he knew I needed it back by Thursday! I took it down first thing on Monday, they got to work on it, coordinated the airfreight with Lenco for the replacement part, installed the new part, and I picked it back up Thursday, fished on Friday.

People always ask me why I drive "all the way" to Huron for work on my boat. To me it is simple - I couldn’t have called the owner of Toledo Beach, or another local marina, had a response back on Sunday at 10:00, and got my boat back by Thursday.

They are a top notch group.

JD

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Jerry,
THANKS for the kind words about our team. I will make sure all the service guys involved see this.
Steve

·
Premium Member
10,898 Posts
I stopped by South Shore this afternoon for my first time. Steve gave me a tour of the facility.

I was very impressed with the place. There sure have some boats I would like to own

·
Registered
51 Posts
Reel Naughty,
I hired South Shore to go and get my new to me 2002 Scout Abaco 280 from Richmond Virginia. Not only did they go and get the boat for about ½ the price of everyone else at the end of December but they gave me a ton of info on it before I purchased it. They went over the boat and gave me a list of things they would like to do some were done some were not but it was up to me and they understood it was safety first. Chris, Steve, Mike, Bryan, Sky, and Tom were willing to help at every turn and got me in the water early April. The Scout runs and looks great she goes across the water at 50 MPH per GPS. Steve is a big reason why I had a limit boat this past Sunday. Thank you Steve C. Lundy you would do well with South Shore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts