close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Custom Top Replacement

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Reel Lady, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Are any of you aware of anyone that makes custom canvas/vinyl tops for boats. Being that my lost pieces of my top have not been recovered at West Branch, It's time to start exploring my options. I did contact Dow (the company that made my top), but they said that they cannot just replace 1 side panel, that I would have to purchase both sides as a set. To me, thats kinda goofy, and money not well spent.
    So, if any of you can point me in the direction of someone that makes these custom boat enclosures, I'd really be thankful. :)
    Marcia

2. Talk to Doug's upolstery in Barberton. He makes terrific goods.

3. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

There are some places in Amish country that will sew custom covers. I've seen their adverstisements, but can't seem to recall names or numbers. Youi can do a search on Yahoo or Yellow Pages. Good luck. I always had that problem with a Geo Tracker convertible top. One small part needs replaced and they want to ding you for a whole new top. at @200

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

With your luck Reel lady maybe you ought to go ahead and buy the set. :D
    I would think most canvas shops could help you out.

5. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I'll throw another recommendation in for Doug's Upholstery. His work is second to none, and I know that he doesn't mind making small custom pieces.

I have two boat covers made by Doug, and wouldn't think of going anywhere else in the future. He uses all first run Top Gun canvas, and everything comes with a warranty.

His number is 330-745-2127 in case you want to give him a call.

6. Marcia, Shortdrift and Hetfieldinn have it right!

7. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Wow... it seems like there is definitely a preference for Doug around here :D
    Thanks guys... I will be contacting him shortly.
    Marcia

8. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

Check out Berlin Boat Cover He has made most of the custom covers for the muskie club members and I have not heard any quality complains from any of them. I have had him make the last 2 covers for my boat and a complete cabin enclosure. Ask for Jeff Bowman (330) 547-7600 or 1-888-268-3772

9. I've Been Needing A Cover For My Boat For Awhile.i Had Decided That This Fall I Would Do It. I Only Knew Of One Place Until I Read This Thread. I Gave Doug's A Call. I'm Glad I Did . I Am Very Happy With The Cover. I Saved Some Money Too (which Is Always Nice) Because This Is Their Slow Season . They Are A Husband And Wife Team And Very Nice To Deal With. He Really Takes Pride In His Work . He Went Above And Beyond. Just Wanted To Say Thanks To Everyone For The Recommendation,even If It Was For Someone Else. Lol