Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or did these baits go up in price I thought they use to be about 9 dollars or so now most are $12.50-14 where is best bargain for decent baits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See what I am talking about crazy right!!! I can not buy Domka because they stole a proven color on Erie and started painting the same color on there own and profiting off it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I've yet to meet a Walleye that can tell the difference between a stock color and a custom color.
Many of the custom colors are great.....but you first need to stock up on regular/base colors first.....IMHO.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
There's a reason the standard colors have worked so well....for decades.
Stock up on those first.
Then, check with a bait shop local to where you're fishing and THEN buy whatever custom colors are working in that location that they recommend. (Buy from them...as a thank you for their advice.)
I really enjoy watching Fisherman's Digest on YouTube...but the host most have nothing but custom crank baits stored in his boat based on how much he keeps mentioning them.

Reactions: jbo

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
You can pick up a powder coater at Harbor Feight for as much as about 1 1/2 the cost of those lures. You buy that and you can custom color your lures yourself.
Like the other guys said though, really no need for custom colors, especially the way these walleyes have been hit'n the last few years.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Great lakes fishing in milan has a good selection of customs and standard prices on line only rite now. Outstanding prices too. Tagalong

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
It's a good problem to have but I think that the finish wears off on the custom Bandits quicker than the stock ones.
I've heard a rumor that the bare plugs that get sprayed had some type of residue on them that the custom paint wouldn't adhere to as well.....but I can't back that up at all.
Nothing at all wrong with getting custom baits...but I'd stock up on the cheaper, standard colors first. There are also four standard colors that worked so well last year that there is NO way a custom color can consistently outfish them....IMHO.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
that would be interesting to know what 6 worked and what part of the lake were you fishing
I fish the central basin. Always run 2 gold chrome I think maybe cheap sunglasses. , 2 purple chrome of some sort and a couple purple pink solid ones. I don’t know all the names lol.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts