close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Current Water Temps @ Rocky Fork?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Reel Man, May 18, 2008.

1. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

I'm going to be on Rocky Fork in about a week and a half and want to get an idea of what the water temps are and how fast they are changing. Please feel free to update the temps every couple of days if any of you are on the lake. Thanks!

2. I was out yesterday and the temp when I launched was right at 60. It didn't warm up much while I was there, but I think that was a product of the 40 mph winds churning up the water.

3. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

Thanks for the report.

4. Bow Movement

Bow Movement 2001 Ranger 520DVX & 1975 Hydro Sport Bassboat

I was there yesterday (Sunday) i was reading 61 in the dam area and 59 mid-way up the lake toward the camp ground. We had heavy AM rain and wind all day.
    Our group caught 12 to 15 Bass out of 6 Boats. The biggest pushing 3 pounds
    All fish were in short water.
    Spinnerbaits and lizzards seemed to get the job done.

Hope this helps good luck.

5. I fished on the 17th. The wind was just silly. Never seen RF that rough. Water was mostly in the upper 50's. By three o'clock the coves were getting to the lower 60's. We had a very slow bite. Although, I was trying to throw bigger baits for bigger bass. The fish I caught were 5-7 feet deep. And no, I did not get the big bite. My biggest was less than two pounds.

6. How was the water clarity?

7. Dirty water from south beach to the west. Water was still clearer the closer you get to the dam. From 1-3" to the west to 12-18" to the east in some protected pockets. Wind was churning up most shorelines.05/17/2008