Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody, every year my family has a "guys "trip for crappy to CEASARS CREEK… However, my parents have had a nice cabin down on Lake Cumberland for quite some time now… This year we are pondering having our annual crappy trip at Cumberland… My question is… I would like some first-hand comments with experience about the timing of the Cumberland Crappie spawn.... I looked up a bunch on the Internet and I'm finding ranges from late March to early April… I would very much appreciate some first-hand experience for fishing down there… I do not need, i repeat, I do not need anyone's spots. I will be happy to find the fish on my own… But I would really appreciate some comments from experience from guys and getting the timing right. Any good advice?

· Registered
3,168 Posts
I've been down twice 1st week of April to striper fish, brought my boat on 1 of the trips and and we did crappie fish, there were still crappie in the brush in the backs of the bays, females were all spawned out, quite a few males still around and piles of spotted bass where you would think the crappies would be. I felt like we had just missed it.

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts