close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cumberland Charters

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Girl With A Pole, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Girl With A Pole

Girl With A Pole Shakes Favorite Problem

has anyone been on a charter at Lake Cumberland and used a charter they would reccomend for spring/fall time???

2. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

cassy...lake cumberland is struggling with a dam repair project.
    water has been drawn down 30+ feet and left most the lake exposed.
    this might not matter but i would say the fish have been probably heavily stressed and pressured.

you might want to go a bit farther south to dale hollow?

shakedown has good knowledge of this area....another reason to buy him lunch!!!:p

3. I have been on several and I don't think one is much better than the other, if you are going down there find a charter out of the marina that you are staying. If you are going to stay out on the lake they will come and pick you up at your boat. I go to conley bottom.

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I'd bypass Lake Cumberland and find someone who guides on the Cumberland River. Fred McClintock is the THE MAN, but he's probably booked a year in advance.

5. Girl With A Pole

p.s. its not for me, its for a guy i work with- wants someone to put him on the fist... so ... dont tell me FISH ON THE LAKE... [shake- ill beat yah up and then you will have to explain the black eye to my mom on smoke break].... i just typed what he told me to.

6. Girl With A Pole

haha, he bought last time, so i guess between that and this... i for sure have to buy.

7. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

www.fghp.com

good list of southern state guides, and a lot of cumberland guys.

8. This just in no limit on stripers below the dam.

9. Just Ducky

Just Ducky Member

10. Actually...with the water level down at Lake Cumberland, Kentucky Fish and Wildlife is reporting one of the best fishing years ever at Cumberland. They predict that it will be phenomenal throughout the year and then gradually decline until after a few years after the lake level returns to normal.

So, If your planning to go fishing at Cumberland...this is the year to do it.

KY Fish and Wildlife is also using the drop as an opportunity to boost cover in the lake. They initiated a project to drag fallen trees around the lake to the lower water level and weigh them down. Once the lake is returned to normal, those dead trees and brush will be about 20 feet under water providing much more cover than the lake ever had since it was first created. They are doing it in hopes the fishery will rebound quickly.

Here's a great link about the fishing and draw down: http://fw.ky.gov/navigation.asp?cid=603&NavPath=C100C366C603C604C605C606C607C608C609C610

11. My wife's family owns a condo on the lake and I have been going down every other weekend. The fishing has always been good for me. Plus there are some many rivers and streams out just the lake to fish. Many of the tributaries have stripers too right now. Ronnie