Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
We put 5 in the cooler let a 12" go no junk, spoons on dipsies, rigger, jets, 4 on spoon, 2 sticks, 9:30 to 2:30 , East of Wildwood 41 to 51ft. I will say not my type of water to fish like the 1 to 3 waves...

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Very nice. We only managed 8 keepers today. 48 to 50 fow chrome harnesses bandits and Erie dearies. Just could not get dialed in. No boards all long lining and drifting with the trolling motor
we got 2 tickets fairly quickly the other night casting...all on a splash count... we tried targeting the fish we were marking at 30 foot but had a hard time getting them to go...wasnt till i made an errant cast of about 30 feet behind the boat and started reeling right away to get it back in and cast again when bamm...fish on..started flipping our bails right on the splash and it was fish on steadily the rest of the time ....we werent marking anything up high but thats where the y were feeding... try it next time with one rod and see what happens

·
Boat name: Reelin n Dealin
687 Posts
Pulled 3 man limit Friday by 9am, 4 man limit yesterday by 9:30am and 4 man limit this morning by 9:15am. Size of the fish went down significantly once we got closer to the Crib. Bigger fish were from Bratenhal to CSU tower. All bandits off the boards 80’ back. Blue & chrome for the last 2 days then anything with a white body this morning was on fire. Speed 2.4 - 2.8.

Absolute world class walleye fishing off Cleveland right now!
Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Hey Labman, when is the fish fry. You stocked up the freezer in one weekend! Yeah, we are spoiled right now with the fishery we have. You guys smoked em! We did well yesterday as well, and you are right, anything with a white body was the hot bait. We caught 3/4 of our limit on a "Fruit Dots" Bandit. That was what they wanted-no question about it! Next best color was blue chrome. I need to buy a couple more of the Fruit Dots! Thanks for the report.

·
Wall eyes
108 Posts
Did you launch at Gordon Park?
We went out today. Only landed 5. With about 10 shorts. Couldn’t get anything going. All directions around the crib 44 to 56 Fow. Picked a few here in there all different depths and programs. We always run spoons but it sounds like bandits have been hot lately. Even tried the wonderbread spoon with no luck. Heard on the radio that white body bandits were hot. Kept our 5 and called it a day after 4 hours. Hope others had some better luck today.

·
Registered
578 Posts
We went out today. Only landed 5. With about 10 shorts. Couldn’t get anything going. All directions around the crib 44 to 56 Fow. Picked a few here in there all different depths and programs. We always run spoons but it sounds like bandits have been hot lately. Even tried the wonderbread spoon with no luck. Heard on the radio that white body bandits were hot. Kept our 5 and called it a day after 4 hours. Hope others had some better luck today.

What time did you go?

·
Boat name: Reelin n Dealin
687 Posts
The stick bait bite is best early. We literally had 3,4 and 5 fish on at a time from 6am - 8:30am the last 3 days. Then once the the sun starts getting up high and the temp starts to climb, then the fish are getting deeper and the bite slows down dramatically.
You need to adjust your leads accordingly. We started out in the morning with leads at 60’ and ended with leads at 120’ and 140’.
Plus the 10,000 boats that were out there this weekend with the “free fishing days” also pushed the fish deeper in the water column with this clear water.
We ran spoons in dipsys Friday and the stick baits out produced the dipsy & spoons by 5 to 1. Also, pulled all smaller fish & junk fish on the spoons.
Fish outside the packs and get out early and you will get your fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts