Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been perfecting a new "summer" technique for s-eye the past couple years and it payed off bigtime tonight! Probably got 12+ keepers in the 15-19 range, then the big girls came on right at dark, a 21"22" and 23" in about an hours time, picked up a few smallies in the 14-16" range too. Saugeye were "hyper aggressive" absolutely drilling crankbaits on the pause. A steady retrieve with a 2 second pause every now-and-then is what produced the most strikes. No twitching/jerking, just reeling slow and steady, then stop, pause - and BLAM!:D

·
Kayak Fishing's Most Wanted
944 Posts
what......no pictures????

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
took several of the 23" but the flash didn't fire right or something...sucks cause she was a brute for this time of year.

·
944 Posts
im gonna try super early in the morning....hopefully i have better luck than i did at the log eye hole today.

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Almost went there tonight but that hole is always hit or miss.

Also forgot to mention that I had a S-eye drill a crank literally the second it hit the water. Didn't even have time to reel in the slack so I could start my retrieve!

·
944 Posts
i have some shinners left over i going to try.

·
Banned
1,088 Posts
Great report. You guys are killing me. Sat out this w/e so we can pound the full moon next w/e. I guess I dropped the ball.

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
Good work AJ. Hit 3 the other evening downstream from the prime spot. Good eating size under 20". Looks like we might need to make a midnight excursion soon.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Great report,yep the eyes were busy this week 3 trips 29 eyes 7 smallmouths. Largest just shy of 23" we got a couple 22" twins the one night back to back. Was out friday night and the flat heads were real busy 3 of them between 2 of us on swims and cranks. Water almost to clear right now was amazed at how she has cleared up. Had a mama on mid-week push 25" plus but tore off by shore. A.J. had one mid-week that did same thing i swear crank never hit the water she was the 23" one hiding in a corner just waiting for it!!:) Should be a great week coming up!! Smallies are real busy but so are the largemouth. Good fishing!! Oh yeah getting some good size hybrids as well they are crushing the swims.

·
Super Moderator
3,982 Posts
sounds good guys. will be out this week in force.

aj ur PM box is full....shoot me a mesg. i want to hit it this week :)

·
Who?
3,415 Posts
Sweet deal, AJ!!!
Where you are catching those fish...no boats or trolling or anything....well, it's pretty friggin impressive, dude!!
Hats off!!

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got out last night again, same deal. A bunch of jacks up until dusk, then caught some nice females (21",22"). Still attribute alot of my success to the presentation along with a perfectly-tuned suspending crank. For whatever reason they don't seen to want it twitched/jerked, I mean that was working for a few other guys but the slow roll & stop/pause technique was just killing 'em

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
aj ur PM box is full....shoot me a mesg. i want to hit it this week :)
Yea everyone is blowing me up trying to figure out where exactly I was on Hoover:p

PM sent...

·
Super Moderator
3,982 Posts
:D gimme the good word and lets shoot some from the barrell !%

Yea everyone is blowing me up trying to figure out where exactly I was on Hoover:p

PM sent...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Nice bunch of fish man! I have been out in the rivers a couple times this past week at night and have been killing the smallmouth but can't quite figure out the eyes. I guess I don't know where and what to use for them this time of year in the river. Guess I should start with crankbaits!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts