close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crossroads today....

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by 1977 walleye guy, Oct 15, 2007.

1. 1977 walleye guy

1977 walleye guy Addicted Outdoorsman

First off, for those who know me.....Yes I'm still alive lol.

I decided to head for crossroads midmorning today, had a fishing itch to scratch. I was on-scene about 1230 pm. Talked with a very nice older gentleman who had just finnished up. Took my 10 ft. ul whooping stick, lined with 6lb. fireline. Tied a foot an a half of berkley vanish gold 4lb. test on as a leader. using a adjust a bubble bobber( love this things) and a Jammin' jigs boober fry ( also love those). For bait I used Berkley power bait Honey worms in chartruse. The trout ate it up. I had my 5 in less than an hour, mutiple hook-ups that I didn't land, plus a bunch of missed bites. I stayed around after my 5, for a little fun fishing. I landed another limits worth, plus another bunch of hook ups and misses.

All in all, it was good to get out for a bit. Good luck to all those who give it a go. Might just have another go at it tomarrow, if you see me, I'll be wearing a camo hoodie.

Jason

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nice looking fish Jason. How do you cook them up? The only way I like them is smoked.

3. 1977 walleye guy

on the grill with a little lemon an butter :D

4. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Nice to see you posting again walleye guy.
    Good job on the trout.

5. 1977 walleye guy

thanks liquid....how's the steelhead fishing going?

6. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Have no caught one all year.
    We need some cold!

7. 1977 walleye guy

Made a return trip today, got there by 9:10 am this morning. It was pretty quick on my first three, then 15min. later i landed my 4th. If I'd landed all of my hook-ups I'd been done in about 30min. or so. About an hour later i landed #5.

I used the same program as yesterday. No one introduced them selfs as OGF members so I'm guessing none were present today.:(

Local DNR officer stopped by to see how the fishing was, even in the light rain(bravo):) .

Trout it's what's for dinner tonight.....:D

[​IMG]

8. How do you guys usually clean your trout? I scrape the scales and slime, then gut them and cut the heads off. Then I usually cook them whole and take the bones out and take the skin off. Has anyone ever used a Wunder Boner?

9. 1977 walleye guy

Hmm... ok I'm done one more limit for the freezer. Time to get ready for Waterfowl season:D

The trout perfered waxies today, over the honey worms. good luck to all that give it a go!!

[​IMG]

10. Be careful how loud you ask that. LOL!

No I havent BTW.

11. Where is this crossroads place at ?

12. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

Judging by the subtle clue of picture with the sign that says "City of Bucyrus" I'm guessing Bucyrus. Sorry I just couldn't resist that one! :D

If you go to the ODNR site they give directions to all of the trout stocking locations.

Nice catches by the way, I normally stalk the stockings pretty hard... this fall it just isn't fitting in to the schedule.

13. Thats what happens when you get engaged!!!!

14. Ahhh, Bucyrus.......jeez I dont know how I missed that. :eek:

15. Who was at crossroads around 2 today in the black dodge :p ? Just wonderin if anything was caught. Stopped by for a minute in the work van, had to go. Mike

16. Went today about 4:00. Didn't see a black doge. There were three other cars there. I didn't see anyone catching anything. I caught 5 in about an hour. Two in the first five min. Then two more ten min. later. Had number five about a min. after number 4 but it got away. Nice one to. Caught the last one 30 min. later. They seem to be hiting harder than a week ago. They also are runnig a little smaller. That makes 19 total this year. They sure are fun to cacth. Not much fun to clean.

17. fshnfreak

fshnfreak I fish therefore I am!!

hit the water about 4 ish had my 5 by 5 all came on waxies caught a big old grasshopper tried him no takers. fished until abot 6 30 caught two more fun fish and missed about 5. caught a few nice gills too. i was drivin a gold ranger with artic cat stickers in the rear window if anyone saw me.

18. 1977 walleye guy

oh shure evryone shows up today..........LOL congrats to u all!!

19. I don't rember what the other cars and trucks were in the parking lot,but I drove the green f150. fsnfreak were the one fishing on the west shore whith the two poles using bobbers, or one of the other two gentalmen on the eastside throwing spinners. Someone had a dog on the west side aswell. How did the two guys in the small jhon boat do. They had just put the boat in when I was leaving.

20. fshnfreak

fshnfreak I fish therefore I am!!

i was the guy on the west bank usin two poles and bobbers. the guys in the boat never landed a fish i think they were bassin looked to me like they were throwin jig n pigs.the two guys throwin spinners didnt do so well. and as for the guy with the dog i didnt see him catch any.