Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, it has always kinda been a dream of mine to see a tornado in action. today, i got my chance. i was jogging after work, and on my cool-down walk...i saw this guy poking out of the air.

after i saw that, there was some very nearby lightning...so i sprinted home. after catching my breath, i went out to the backyard to see where it went. totally surprised me to see this...not 5min. later.

technically, it was a waterspout in the bay down the street, and eventually touched down. but it was very intense to see firsthand.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,083 Posts
ive seen a lot of water spouts and they still give me the chills, out at sea (and lake erie) you learn to go around them because they go with the wind, but on shore you cant out manuver them because they are tornados.lol.. they are an awesome example of mother natures power. thank god it didnt hit land..

great photos too..

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Awesome pictures. I've seen a few funnel clouds but never actually saw one on the ground. Heard one that was on the ground that was about two miles from where I live. I was out at Mosquito the day all those tornadoes went through Niles back in the mid 80's I think it was. That was a crazy day.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
My niece lives in Safety Harbour and sent me basically the same photo, different background, same water spout. Forgot where she said the water spout was actually at... esprito somthing...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts