Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished4-mile and 7-mile creeks last year with some luck. My most productive lure was the bomber mini-A crankbait colored up like a crawl dad. I tried a rebel craw and though it had a lot more wobble didn't seem to produce as many fish. I haven't caught anything very big but seemed to catch a lot of fish in mainly in what I would assume are extensively fished areas near the bridges. I couldn't quite figure out how to fish a yum crawl dad but did catch some fish with it, as well as zoom tubes. I was wanting to get better this year and if anybody would like to meet up at any creek close to Hamilton and show me how to do it properly, I'd be much obliged.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fished 4-mile creek the other day and only managed 2 smallmouth in about 3 hours. Tried out my new spiderwire line thinking it was going to be the best thing. I'm not sold on the stuff. First of all I tried a new knot (polomar, not sure on the spelling) and the first time I snagged up on the rocks it came loose. Lost my slurpie jigging minnow. Then got my mini buzzbait snagged in the trees and tried to jiggle it first before wading in and retrieving it and spoiling the spot and it came loose too. I watched in dismay as the buzz bait fell out of the tree and I saw it flashing to the bottom. So about 15 minutes into the trip I'm out about $4.00 already. I learned this trick from a guy last year, I take my baitcaster with a spinnerbait/buzzbait/heavier bait and tuck it in my back pocket and also a spinning reel and that way I got two rods and reels to fish with two different baits without having to retie/change out baits. So anyway I tied on a 2.5' yum crawl and finally caught a couple. Was wondering what the shallowest water other guys throw into? If I can see the bottom I don't even waist time throwing in. Is this a mistake? are there fish there I can't see? or should I just keep walking? It seems like there are about 4-5 decent wholes every 300 yards and a lot of walking and not much fishing? Should I try and find better stretches of creek to fish? I got it bad this year and I gotta fish, it's all I can think about, also any medication that can cure fishing fever? other than going fishing? I'm about to sell my wife and kid for a boat:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts